Chapter 6

I layed on my bed for awhile, simply staring at the ceiling and thinking. I thought about Jake and how perfect our relationship has been lately. I thought about Nathan and his aspiration to become a singer. I really thought that he could do it. He had an extraordinary, unique voice. Plus, he could play the piano too. I don't know why he believed he wasn't good enough, because in reality he had potential to be one of the best. I could faintly hear the sound of the program on the telly, so I guess that meant that he was still out there. 

I decided that I wanted to surprise Jake at his house tonight. I would get all dressed up and maybe bring a picnic basket too.

After I took a shower, I curled my hair and put on a tight, strapless, lace, black dress. I applied more eyeliner than usual on my upper and lower lids and mascara as well. I even put a bit of lipstick and gloss on. I grabbed my clutch bag and my heels, then headed out the door. Nathan was still watching the telly, but he didn't even seem to pay attention to me as I left. 

Before going to Jake's house, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some things for our picnic. I placed them in the picnic basket that I had brought with me, and continued walking to Jake's. It was nice out tonight, and Jake didn't live too far away so I didn't bother bringing my car.

I rang the doorbell to Jake's house. I waited several seconds, expecting him to open the door right away. I couldn't wait to see the look on his face when he saw me here with a picnic basket. There was still no answer at the door, so I rang the doorbell again and knocked too, just in case. Still no answer. What if he wasn't even home? His Range Rover was in the driveway, so I figured he must be inside. I turned the door knob, and surprisingly it opened. Jake always forgot to lock the door. Typical Jake.  I stepped inside the corridor of his home and started walking towards his room.

"Jake?" I called out.

I continued up the stairs until I reached the end of the hall. His door was closed, so I knocked before entering.

And what I saw shattered my heart. Jake was heavily making out with some girl. His shirt was off, and she was half naked. Tears started forming in my eyes and I started to run. 

"Wait! Liz!" Jake called after me. 

"It's not what it looks like, Liz! Wait! Let me explain!" He called again, but I kept running. 

I dropped the picnic basket and took my heels off and carried them instead. I ran out the door, never wanting to see that jerk ever again. I had to get out of here. I didn't even wanna hear what he had to say, I just knew that I needed to leave.