Chapter 15

"Are you surprised?" Nathan asked with the biggest smile on his face. Gosh he was adorable. 

"Yes! It's really weird how I didn't even consider you bringing me here. I remember coming here all the time with you and our families, but I never even thought about you bringing me here."

"Well, that's good then, because it means you were surprised." 

  We took a tour of Big Ben and Nathan barely looked at me the entire time, which was kinda odd. Once the tour was over, we stopped in front of the building.

"Shall we talke a picture?" asked Nathan, suddenly seeming a lot more cheerful.

"Of course." I replied.

"Excuse me, would you mind taking a picture for me?" Nathan asked a guy who apeared to be not much older than us, with light brown hair and eyes. He was good looking.

"Sure." The guy said as Nathan handed him the camera.

Nathan moved close to me, as he had been forced to do in all of the pictures we'd taken here over the years, but this time he put his arm around my waist. I smiled, only this time it was a genuine smile. 

"Thanks, mate!" Nathan said to the guy as he got the camera back.

"Hey, Lizzy. I have to go check on something. It's part of the surprise, so don't ask. I'll meet you back here in maybe 15 minutes?" Nathan said to me.

"Alright, see you here in 15!" I responded as Nathan ran off.

"Your boyfriend seems to be in a hurry haha." said the guy who took the picture for us.

"He's just an old friend, I guess you could say." I responded as I smiled to the guy.

"Oh. I'm Tom, by the way." He said as he extended his hand to me. I shook it and introduced myself as well.

"I'm Liz. Hahaha hand shake, eh? Noones given me a hand shake for ages."

"It seemed like a spur of the moment kinda thing okay! Nice to meet you, Liz." Tom said as he chuckled. 

Tom and I talked for about 10 minutes and we exchanged numbers before he said that he had to go. I was now left alone, waiting for Nath to return.

Nathan came back a few minutes later. He surprised me from behind, which caused me to jump.

"Don't scare me like that!" 

"Alright, alright. Sorry. But I think I can make it up to you." He said with a grin on his face.

"How?"

He then reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small box then handed it to me.

I carefully unwrapped the box. I gasped when I saw what was inside. It was a gorgeous silver locket in the shape of a heart. It looked expensive.

"Nathan, you really shouldn't have." I said, feeling guilty for accepting such an extravagant gift.

"I wanted to. Besides, I haven't exactly been the nicest person over the past few years. I never even got you a birthday gift. Open it."

I did as he said. Inside the locket was the picture of Nath and I that Tom took about 20 minutes ago.

"But.. how?" I asked.

"Well, I got you the neclace as a graduation present a few weeks ago, but then we started fighting even more than usual and I didn't think it was the best time to give it to you. Then today, I got an idea. After we took the picture, I went to get it printed out and I put it in the neclace. Do you like it?"

"I love it!" I exclaimed as I ran up to him and gave him a massive hug. He hugged me back.

"I'm glad."

Nathan helped me put the neclace on, and we continued on our adventure around London.