Chapter 3

Jake's parents were out tonight. Jake's younger brother, Matthew, was out as well, meaning we had the house to ourselves. Even if they were home, it wouldn't be that big of an issue. His parents were very easygoing. They let me sleep over whenever I wanted, in fact they actually encouraged it. They trusted that we were smart and responsible enough not to do something stupid that would ruin both of our lives. Plus, they knew that if they became more strict on Jake, he would just go against them anyways, which would definitely ruin their relationship. 

We ordered a pizza and watched a movie on the couch. Occasionally, we'd stop and kiss, though. That's one of the many things I loved about Jake. He always did the cutest small gestures, whether it was sneaking in a kiss or hugging me to make me feel safe with him. I remember the first day Jake and I started to really get to know each other.

It was close to the end of year eleven. I was walking down the hall when I spotted him, Jake Hunter. He was one of the hottest guys in our school, and he was on the football (or soccer, as they call in it America) team. I had known him since primary school, but our class was so massive that it was impossible to truly get to know everyone. The closest Jake and I had ever gotten to a real conversation was in Maths when he would ask to borrow a pencil or ask what was for homework. I was hoping to chnge this by year twelve. I fancied him, if it wasn't obvious, but I don't think he had a clue. I wanted more than anything to go up to him and strike up a chat, but I was too shy, and I also feared rejection. He was standing by his locker, talking to Nathan. Sometimes I kind of wished that Nathan and I were friends, simply so he could properly introduce me to Jake. However, that was not the case. We absolutely hated each other and if he did speak to me, it was to say something rude or make fun of me. I probably held my gaze longer than I should've, because Nathan stared at me with dagger eyes.  

"Oi, whatcha looking at, Lizzy?"

"Nothing." I replied as I came to a halt in front of him. Jake was awkwardly standing there, watching the feud between Nath and I.

"Well then screw off, would ya?" Nathan said. He was such a jerk. I never even did anything to make him hate me this much. If he was nice to me, maybe I'd be nicer to him, but that would never happen. 

"Hey mate, that was uncalled for." Jake said, suddenly sticking up for me.

"She doesn't care." Nathan directed at Jake.

"Still, that wasn't nice." 

I decided that there was no point hanging around, so I continued down the hall.

"Hey! Liz! Wait up!" called a voice behind me.

I turned around to see Jake rushing towards me.

"Listen, I'm sorry about Nathan. He can be kind of a prick sometimes, but don't take it personally." 

Ha! Even one of Nathan's friends thought he was an asshole.

"Don't worry about it, I'm used to it by now. Besides, I don't really care what Nathan says." I said, smiling at Jake.

"Good, just try to ignore whatever he says to you."

We awkwardly stood there in silence for a few seconds before he broke the silence.

"Hey, Liz. Do you think you would maybe wanna hang out sometime?"

"Sure, I'd love to."

And that was the start of our relationship.

I snapped back into reality, where Jake was staring at me.

"What are ya thinkin' about, babe?" He asked as he ran his hands through my hair.

"I was just thinking about the time you first asked me out, in the hallway at school." 

A huge smile spread across his face.

"I remember that day. I'm kinda glad that Nathan was being rude to you actually, it gave me an excuse to finally talk to you, if that makes sense haha." 

"It makes total sense, and I'm glad that he did too." I said, as I gave him a quick peck on his lips.

It was about 11 p.m now and the movie had just ended. 

"Wanna go back to my room now?" He asked.

"Sure."

He picked me up bridal style and I giggled. I love it when he picked me up like that.

He placed me down on his bed and we started making out. I placed my hands on his chest and he grabbed my waist. I missed this so much. Things started to heat up and I pulled Jake's shirt over his head. This was going to be quite a night.