Chapter - ELEVEN

A/n: Lmao you guys went nuts last chapter! I know there's still going to be a lot of surprising discoveries! Don't forget about Josh, Devon, Quin and Mecca just yet . . . because they're still going to be in the book. All of you guys are shocked as heck , and tbh I would be too . . With further ado, make sure you vote, comment and follow me like always. This book wouldn't be possible w/o all you guys love and support. So thank you!!! (: Enjoy your read.

[Josh Pov]

My heart was thumping in my chest as I pulled off the mask. My eyes were wide in shock. Quin's face was the person in the mask. What in the hell was going on here? I found a pulse and it was thumping erratically. His pulse was just barely there. I dialed the ambulance and they said they would be on their way. I just hoped they came soon.

Wait...? I am so confused. Wasn't Quin working with Mecca. I mean I barely talked to him but I didn't think that he would cause that much of a problem. I winced and hoped he didn't have anything to do with Nick and Trisha. What the hell? 

I couldn't wrap my mind over what had happened. He broke into MY house. What did he want that was so important, and did Mecca know? Anger and realization sizzled in my veins. All along I probably couldnt trust Mecca. She made it seemed like Devon was the bad one.

I called Devon's  and he picked up on the third ring. I felt like I haven't talked to him in ages. I explained the situation to him up until this point--leaving out the parts that we suspected that he was the one we really were skeptical about.

"I'm on my way." He said simply and hung up.

I stared at Quin's unmoving figure--and I was sure that he was dead. I didn't feel bad about killing him. He wanted something from me and he was probably going to do just about anything to get what he was looking for. Mecca kept texting me, but I didn't even bother looking at the messages.

Was he dead? I really hoped he wasn't because that would be bad as hell. I could only imagine Mecca's face when I told her, I shot and probably killed her boyfriend. Who, by the way had just gotten out of jail. I couldn't live with myself and briefly prayed, that everything was fine and no one got seriously injured.

But what stil crossed my mind, was why the fuck did he even break in? It was weird and I added that shit to my bucketlist of weird shit that's been going on lately. Hell, I tried to contact Maya in every shape and form. For a second, I thought that I had contact with her--but it was probably my mind playing tricks on my fucking self. Much to my dismay. 

Even though, I couldn't tell Trisha how I felt..before she passed well I felt something for Maya. Yeah in a sisterly type of way. I couldn't picture us actually...being together. I don't know. I get confused some times. I feel like I'm the only one who gives a fuck about her--well besides Mecca.