Chapter - ONE

The last and final book to this series. I'm glad you all like the first 2 books but this one, I will take my time on to write. I will go back and edit it as best as I can, but whatcha see is whatcha get. Vote and comment like always. This title I made up myself. 

First chapter is dedicated to   @ThatGirlDeMarie for attempting to give me a book title for this book. Lol thank you for your attempt of a chapter title. 

*3 months later

If you like this series check out LATIN KINGS, my newest URBAN book once this book is COMPLETE it will be the next story I work on!

Chapter - ONE

[Maya Pov]

It's funny how fast your life can change before your eyes. I was a simple 16 year old girl. I was driven to go to a bad ass college. I guess part of my dream is still alive, to be someone. Despite all the shit, I know where my loyalty lies. It lies with the gang, but even then I still question if I'm doing the right thing.

I'm almost nineteen now. Devon has been at my side since Trisha's death. Yeah I knew I felt some type of way because me and Trisha were great ass friends. She was one of the girls, I thought I could trust.

There's a thin line between real and fake. I don't know if Trisha was the fake one to everything. Too be honest, I hated thinking that because I know I should get over what she did to me. But wouldn't you still have a little bit of bitterness to you, if the person you grew up with, knew all your deepest secrets and was there for you, betrayed you?

Yeah Trisha's death won't go unnoticed at all. I may have been an uncaring bitch, but I know who I am. I'm not perfect.

As wrong as it sounds, hopefully one day Mecca can feel in that gap. I know she's been going through some shit. She's been quiet ever since Trisha's death three months ago. Josh was the one who had to get up and leave at her funeral. I knew--well we knew that he took it hard.

Josh still has his joking side, but apart of him died with it, along with Trisha. Devon is the only one who can talk some sense into him. 

I sigh as I come back in from a workout session from the gym. I was tense, because we still needed to figure out who and why the guy had taken Trisha captive. Mecca had gave us details about Nick and claimed he was the one who did all of this, just because of some sick fantasy.

But we were still at square one because this Nick Fellow was a crafty nigga. Devon was pissed when he had found out that it was Nick. He had damn near punched a wall.

Josh was so mad he almost went after the guy, even though he had no idea where to start.

Devon, Mecca and Josh enter the house a few moments later.

"What are we gon' do?" Devon asked.

All of us needed a shower. 

"I say we all take showers and get cleaned up first." Mecca offered.

It was a saturday night. We decided we would have one last time out all together, before we set the plan in motion on figuring out the case of Trisha.

"True." Josh replied. He had circles under his eyes, but still looked good nonetheless. I noticed him and Mecca had been fliriting on the low. I don't know if Josh was just being nice to Mecca or if it was the other way around. They were just so damn confused.

I run up the stairs, despite my legs being jelly like and Devon follows me. I rub my eyes teresely and take in a deep breath.

"You okay baby?" Devon asks his voice laced with concerned. He grabbed me from behind, pulling me into his body. I missed being in his arms. We barely had a chance to talk at all. Not to say we were falling apart or anything, but things just felt different now. I knew that we all had change, but for better or for worse was the question.

"Yeah." I lie.

"I just need to get in the shower." I add on.

Devon kisses the back of my neck and releases me. "Don't worry too much about Trisha. She's in a better place now."

Yeah with her and her baby, who didn't really even have a chacne at living life to the fullest.  I wanted to shout. But I kept it all in.

I ran my shower and stripped naked, not caring if Devon had a full view of my naked body or not. I stepped into the shower a few sconds later, and the hot water jolted my nerves. I closed my eyes and focused on the steaming water that was before me.

I lathered and rinsed about five times, before stepping out.

"Bae, can you hand me a towel?" I ask and half yell.

A few seconds later, Devon was handing me a large body towel. His eyes were sweeping over my naked and hairless body. I rolled my eyes at him and snapped my fingers. He looked up quickly. He was clad in a pair of jeans, a white shirt with a gold chain, and black socks.

We were all going to go out for a simple dinner. We wanted to go to the club but decided not to. I guess,   I was the only one who wasn't ready.

I pushed him out that large bathroom and dried myself off. I wrapped the towel around my body, and grabbed some lotion that was on the nightstand.

I lotioned myself up, and added Deo to my arms. I carefully slipepd on a pair of black underwear and bra set. I slipped on a pair of black jeans, a nice sweater and threw my wet hair into a sloppy bun.

I haven't been getting much sleep at all. Trisha's death seemed to haunt me. 

"You ready?" Devon asks me after I was done fixin my hair up a little.

I nod, "Are the other's ready?"

"They thirsty asses been ready."

I giggle and grab my cellphone and purse. I hope the night will just be fine, because aint nobody got time for no shit to happen.

Just as I was living a tall black shadow filled my viision. I quickly glanced over my shoulder. I felt like someone was watchin me. I got an uneasy feeling as I hustled after Devon, down the steps.

Mecca and Josh was talking but stopped when they saw us approach. They grabbed their light jackets and stuffed their feet into their shoes.

"Damn, about time." Josh joked. 

"Shut up." I say, glad he was back to his old self for now.

Mecca laughed as we piled into Devon's range rover. Tonight was gonna be a good night, but I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching us, and I just hoped and prayed  that trouble was gonna find us again.

A/n: First chapter to the third book! What do you guys think so far? Umm I'mma take my time writing this story, so please don't rush for me to update. Vote and comment, I can't wait to hear ya thoughts.