Chapter 14: 'And I Thought It Sucked Before'

And I Thought It Sucked Before

Daniel's P.O.V.

Davey was really pushing my buttons at the moment. I was using my last bit of restraint to not beat him until he was unconscious. What good would he be to me then?

'Where is Emily, Davey? I know that you know. Considering you're the one that kidnapped her. People saw you around her house, they saw you watching and scoping out. One of them even talked to you, so don't try and deny that none of that happened.'

'That did happen. But it wasn't for that reason. I was watching her to try and get her alone and away from you-'

'So you admit that you were trying to get her alone. That totally doesn't help your case Davey. It just shows that you probably did kidnap her!'

'If you would have let me finish you idiot, you would know that I was trying to get her away from you so that I could try and get her to date me. She deserves someone better than a low life like you, Daniel.' I dug my arm even further into his throat and heard him sputter for breath.

'And I suppose she deserves someone like you, huh? Someone that would stalk her out to try and get what he wants.'

'She does deserve someone like me. I have money, looks, and the resources to take care of her. What do you have? You ride around on a piece of crap Harley and work at a coffee shop. Do you honestly think that you have any type of future with her?' I felt my grip loosen as his words sunk in, before my arm completely fell from his throat.

I honestly had nothing to offer Emily did I? She could never want to be with someone like me in the end. I didn't have a large amount of money stowed away in some off shore account like Davey. I didn't have a college education, I mean; I had barely gotten out of high school with a diploma. Davey had so much more that he could offer her. But she had chosen me... Hadn’t she? Had she pitied me? Is that why she was with me? No. Emily had told me she loved me, and that had to mean something... Right?

My head pounded at the thought of all this. What if Davey was right and I couldn't do anything for her in life and she wasn't supposed to be with someone like me. Either way I had to push this to the back of my mind and get back to the task at hand, which was to find Emily. Even if she did soon realize that I wasn't worth her time, I still had to find her. I loved her and whatever she felt for me didn't matter at the moment, I just had to get to her.

Davey took my moment of hesitation and before I knew it I felt the flesh and bone of his hand connect with my face! I stumbled back, clutching my face and waited for my head to stop spinning slightly so I could see straight! He was staring down at me and I could tell that he wanted to hit me again, but I quickly straightened up and looked back at him full in the eye.

'Where is Emily?' I expected my voice to quiver but it stayed the way it should and I was proud of myself for being able to hold my composure like that.

‘How many times am I going to have to tell you that I have no clue where Emily is? I don’t keep up with her, I was at her house, but it was only to try and get her away from you. I didn’t kidnap her. I have too much to lose by kidnapping someone; I can get her to come to me without kidnapping her.’

‘Obviously you can’t since she’s still with me.’

‘I wouldn’t count on that for too long, Daniel boy. I mean, you have allowed her to get kidnapped and you still haven’t found her. I’m sure with that she will start to realize how much of a lowlife you are…. Maybe she will come to me. It will all come out in the end, won’t it?’ I wanted to punch him more than I had ever wanted to punch someone in my life. I wasn’t a violent person anymore but I wanted to make him hurt.