Chapter 11 1/2: 'Bonus Chapter'

Davey P.O.V.

Emily's house had been deserted for the most part on that Saturday. I had a strong hunch that she was with Daniel and I wasn’t too happy about it. What did she find so fascinating about him that she felt the need to spend so much of her time with him. He wasn't that great, I couldn't see anything that was that particularly great about him. I mean, the guy worked as a coffee barista... What was so great about that? I had looks, and my family definitely had money. I don't understand how she could choose someone like that over me. I was practically perfect and he was, he was nothing. I knew that Emily was obviously brain washed by his charm but that was all. If only she could see that Daniel is good for nothing and that she deserves a guy like me.

I was going to make her see.

Whether she wanted it right now or not, I was going to make her see me the way she should. I was going to get her out from under Daniel’s mad illusions that she so easily believed. She was weak and vulnerable when I first met her, and now she was hard and closed off. She wasn’t who she should be… who I wanted her to be.  I threw my ball cap off of my head in frustration. I ran my hand through my hair pulling out a few pieces in the process. This was so frustrating. I had never had to chase a girl so hardly without reaping a reward by this point. Normally it was the fact that girls were all over me, like a pack of wild dogs… Some of the girls being dogs more literally than the others. Why did this have to happen now? She was the first girl that I had liked more than any other and she was the one that I couldn’t have? What kind of crap was that? I wanted to bang my head against the steering wheel but knew that it would only bring possible attention to me and I didn’t want anyone in Emily’s neighborhood to put two and two together when I went through with my plan. Hence the baseball cap that was now on my passenger floorboard.

Luck just wasn’t on my side though today as a middle age woman came walking up to my car. I had to resist the urge to growl and just tell her to leave already, but I figured that wouldn’t help the looking suspicious thing. As she approached I rolled down my window and gave her the best-fake smile that I could muster at the moment. She wearily smiled back but then put her poker face back into check.

‘Young man, is everything alright?’ She was eyeing my car up and down, as if checking it out for and unusual dispositions about it.

‘Yes ma’am everything is perfectly fine.’ I managed to smile a little bit more than I had been in what I thought was a convincing manner.

‘Well, I was just wondering since you were sitting here yesterday and today in front of this house. I thought it mighty weird for such a young man to be sitting in front of the Mozelt’s lot for so long and never get out or anything.’ I really wanted to tell the woman to screw off, I was busy, but I didn’t. I only smiled politely and tried my best to think of the best thing to tell her that would be convincing.

‘Well, ma’am. I really want to ask Emily to prom but I can’t seem to get up the courage to just walk up to the door and ask her.’ That was a pretty good excuse right?

‘I see! Well, that is rather sweet but I’m sure that Emily would give you the answer you are after. She’s not home at the moment though, so you might want to come back later.’ Ah, goody. An open invitation from a neighbor to sit in front of Emily’s house.

‘Oh, I guess I was too caught up in my own thoughts to think about how her car wasn’t here. Do you think her parents are here?’ I knew her parents weren’t here but I could at least act clueless about all this.

‘No, dear, they appear to be out as well. If you come back tonight though, I’m sure that it will be a good time to ask Emily out for prom.’  I slowly nodded my head and put the car back into gear.

‘Thank you ma’am.’ With that I pulled away from the curb, seething and headed back in the direction of my apartment. Her neighbor might be of some interest if I could just get her to tell me what times that Emily was usually home and when she wasn’t. That would actually be more useful that I could have imagined. There was no way I could get that to happen without looking suspicious, though.

I ground my teeth in frustration. This girl was driving me crazy. I had never had a reason to think about any girl this much. They flocked to me, almost naturally, but not her. No, not Emily. I guess that the one girl that I had honestly liked of course wouldn’t like me as much as I liked her.

She wouldn’t have to worry about Daniel anymore soon. I was going to get her away from him and if she doesn’t come willingly, well, let’s just say she will come with me either way. No isn’t an option at this point. She was going to come with me whether she wanted to or not.

I sat there for another ten minutes when I saw the nosy neighbors curtain twitch before I pulled away from the curb. No one could know other than her that I was here, I couldn’t keep coming. My plan had to go into action now or I was getting closer and closer to being caught, and that wasn’t an option. I was going to take Emily. Because I knew that she wouldn’t go when she was under Daniel’s influence like that.

I was taking her love hostage. Soon it would become of her own free will though. She would love me one day and it wouldn’t be because I had taken her hostage.