Chapter 13: 'Captor'

Captor

Emily’s P.O.V

I woke up and there was a bitter taste in my mouth. I tried desperately to think past the fog in my brain to figure out why I had such a foul taste in my mouth. I drew a blank. Why couldn’t I open my eyes? Why was my head so foggy that I could barely think these very words? I sat there for a minute, not fighting the fog that held my mind captive and blissfully things started to resurface. Some of the things that resurfaced first were not so blissful though. I dreamed that I was on a table that someone was standing over me with sharp instruments that gleamed wickedly in the too bright light. Suddenly it shifted to me, bound and gagged on a cold hard floor.

I remembered getting out of my car and walking up to my house. I wasn’t paying too much attention while I was trying to find my house key but I remember feeling like I was being watched. Then a hand clamped over my mouth and I fell into a dark oblivion. Oh God no. Someone had drugged me and kidnapped me. I struggled against the fog that was still my mind and tried to come into my surroundings. Finally, I see a light. I squint back from it and look around the rest of the room. I find that I’m sitting on a bed, a comfortable bed at that. There is a small table across the room that holds a small flat screen. A desk sits to my right. There are two doors. One I assume leads out of this place and another I assume goes to a bathroom or a closet, I can’t be sure.

‘Emily what have you gotten yourself into?’ My voice came out barely over a whisper and my voice was raspy and stressed. I was surprised I could even speak though and was oddly glad to hear my own voice. It was at that point that I looked to my hands and found them bond with a bandana. The bandana was almost expertly tied and I knew that I wouldn’t be able to get it off with my hands bound like that. I looked to my feet and realize they’ve been given the same treatment. I swing my legs over the bed and stop for a second because it sends my head into a fury and I can’t see straight for a moment. I gently set my feet on the ground and add a little weight. It takes some effort but I’m able to stand. I try my best to tiptoe to the door to see if I can get it open.

Luck wasn’t on my side because just as I’m about to reach the door my feet trip over themselves and I smack into the floor with enough force to create a large amount of noise. If I had any chance of getting out before, I had none now. I heard footsteps running up stairs and I moved out of the way of the door just before it swung open. I kept my head down, and my eyes closed and sent a prayer that this was all a dream. That I would be alright. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at my captor as he cleared his throat. As I realized who the person was I couldn’t help it when the contents of my stomach were emptied onto the floor.

Daniel’s P.O.V

No. No. No. No. No. Something wasn’t right at all. Emily had left my house yesterday evening and headed home. She didn’t have her phone on her yesterday because she said she didn’t want her mom bothering her the whole time about our relationship. Who knew that the day she choose not to have her phone on her, the day she choose not to have me pick her up and drop her off… that she would be taken.

Emily was gone.

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration as I paced my room. I had gotten the call last night, not two hours after Emily had left my apartment. Her mom was frantic. Saying that if Emily was over here she was in a world of trouble for staying out so late without her phone or without trying to use someone else’s to tell her what was going on. That she was okay. The thing was… Emily wasn’t okay. After I told her mom that Emily had left my house hours ago and that she had driven herself home her mom panicked, barely getting out a goodbye before she hung up the phone on me.

Emily’s parent’s had been having a date night. Her mom was worried about Emily and wanted to get home to see her, so she and Emily’s dad had left the restaurant early to head home. When they got there they immediately knew something was off. Emily’s car was in the driveway, which it had not been that morning, and there were no lights on. Judging that it was only nine o’clock they knew Emily wouldn’t be in bed at that point. Her mom had ran through the house screaming for her, only to show up empty handed. Their next plan of action was to call me. I had no idea where Emily was.