Chapter 19: 'Almost There'

“My love, try to understand me when I say you torture me. Your lips they beg for me to get you alone. I want you to know it’s the sway of your hips. You taste so sweet, cruel temptress. I’m at your feet. I can tell by the way that you move that you want me to want you. Are you happy now that I’ve figured out I was just the victim?” - Alesana

Daniel’s P.O.V.

I was running around like a chicken with his head cut off. I had no sense of direction but I knew that I was close to Emily. I could feel it rattling deep within my bones and I knew that I needed to find her as soon as possible. That I wouldn’t feel like myself again until I had found her, because Emily was my everything. She was the reason that I wanted to better myself and she was the reason that I felt I could do so many things in my life, so without her… I would lose all sense of the things I thought that I could do with her, for her. At the mere age of 19 I had found the love of my life. I think I knew that from the moment that I met her. From the moment that she walked in to my life with the guy that had caused so much grief in my life. I guess in a way, I should thank Davey because I don’t know if I would have ever met Emily if it wasn’t for him. I knew that he also had feelings for Emily, but I couldn’t help but feel that I was so happy that she belonged to me and not him. She was mine. And I was hers, if she would have me.

I searched blindly through Chase’s house but this thing was monstrous and it was going to take me forever to find where she was at this rate. I turned around and headed back to where I had left Davey and Jason with Chase. Sprinting towards where I thought I had come through, I made it there in about 3 minutes. I had not noticed how far I had traveled in my whirlwind of thoughts. I saw that Davey still had Chase pinned up against the wall questioning him. Chase had a slight smirk on his face and I wanted nothing more than to punch him in the middle of his face at this moment. I wanted to make sure that he could never smirk again like that without feeling some sort of pain from me. He deserved so much more than a beating from me… He honestly deserved to die. I had never hated anyone the way that I hated this boy at the moment. My dislike of Davey wouldn’t even be on the scale of how much I hated Chase.

‘Where is she? If you don’t tell me right now, man, I swear to God!’ Davey looked about at his breaking point and I knew that I was going to need to step in soon. That probably would be worse for Chase, but so be it.

‘I’m not telling any of you. She is safe with me.’ If he knew what was best for him he would stop talking.

‘Says the person that kidnapped her. How is she possibly safe with you?’ At this Chase tried to wiggle away from Davey but Davey simply pressed his arm even harder over Chase’s throat. Chase made a sound that was a mixture of a whimper and choking. Good.

‘Man, why are you three even here? She doesn’t even like any of you.’ I nearly laughed at that. Maybe she didn’t like Jason or Davey but she liked me. Maybe even loved me.

‘Yeah, you wish. She loves me.’ I hadn’t meant to say it but it just came out. Davey whipped his head around to look at me.

‘Screw you, man. She has told me multiple times she was just with you because she felt bad for you, that you honestly had nothing to offer her anyway.’ His words struck a nerve and it didn’t help the looks that Davey and Jason were giving me… Almost as if they pitied me. No, she wouldn’t say that about me. Not say it and mean it. Emily wasn’t capable of that was she?

‘That’s a lie, and you know it.’ I desperately wanted to find Emily now and get her to assure me that this was all a lie. It was just Chase trying to get me mad and to do something irrational. But I couldn’t help the feeling that I now had in the pit of my stomach that something was terribly off here.