Chapter 15: 'Stupid Is As Stupid Does'

Davey's P.O.V.

Sure, I didn't want to help Daniel but I felt that it was the only way I could finally show Emily what I was worth, that I could be the one to take care of her, and if I just so happened to know where she was and could be the one to find her then I felt sure she would see how worthless Daniel really was. I honestly don't know why I hated the guy this much but I did, and in a way he kind of deserved it. I mean, he didn't even try and he got my girlfriend in high school to like him. Or maybe he did try. Either way, I know that I don't like him.

This was all sounding rather redundant and I knew that. I had to quit holding this bitterness towards Daniel, because maybe once I stopped then Emily would go for me... maybe that was what was holding me back from her in the first place. Bitterness wasn't attractive on anyone.

"Where exactly are we going?" Speak of the devil. He was currently sitting in the passenger side of my brand new Benz. I wondered if my dad would ask too many questions if I traded it in for something else considering Daniel had sat in it. He probably would.

"Jason's. He's the only other person that I could possibly think of that would want to steal Emily." Daniel sent me a glare.

"What is that supposed to mean, exactly? You act as if Emily wouldn't be worth someone's time to steal." I let out a huff of frustration. Honestly, was he always this much of a girl?

"Calm your nips, Daniel. All I meant is that most guys that like Emily aren't sadistic freaks who want to steal and hold her hostage. It's generally not what they are after. You for example are after other things from her." 

"And what exactly are you after her for? And no, I don't have those sort of intentions with Emily. Well, for now... but I'm sure later in OUR relationship." He was trying to get under my skin and it was working. Like Emily would be stupid enough to stay with a guy like him much longer and... sleep with him... The thought was impossible.

"I'm definitely not after that from her, I just want her to realize her full potential, and you my friend, are not her full potential." I barely restrained from rolling my eyes at him.

"Davey, let's face the facts... Girls know I'm better in bed than you. It's not an unknown fact." 

"So, you're a player and everyone knows it? I bet your keep your STD's on display like trophies don't you, trailer trash?" 

"The correct term would be that I used to be a player. I'm with Emily now... Who are you with exactly?" Daniel thought he had me caught, but I had a come back.

"There's this one girl I've been seeing behind her boyfriends back. He's so clueless he has no idea." That wiped the smirk right off his face. Mission accomplished.

"You're a tool, Davey. Emily hasn't been with you."

"Sure she hasn't, Daniel. Keep telling yourself that. Why are you more worried about all this rather than where she is? It's very uncaring and I am starting to worry if I really am better for her."

"Shut up and drive. We're wasting time. I don't want to be anywhere near you anymore than you want to be near me! So just get to where we're going." 

"Whatever you say, man." With that I pushed the accelerator down a little more and hoped that I was right on my hunch and wouldn't look like an idiot in front of Daniel. Despite it seeming I wanted Emily only to get her away from Daniel, I actually really liked her. Something about her drew me in and made me want to get to know her better.

I wasn't doing this for Daniel or for the publicity. I was doing this for Emily.

Chase's P.O.V.