Chapter 1: 'The Beginning of the End'

The Beginning of the End

Geeze, it was cold! I pulled my jacket tighter around me as I walked down towards the coffee shop. I was alone once again and heading in the direction of what I knew to be an overflowing place full of coffee, free Wi-Fi, and people who wouldn’t know me. But that was okay, because tonight I wanted to be alone. I grabbed the door to open it but right as I did someone else pushed it open.

'OH. Ouch.' I fell onto the slick, icy ground as the coffee shop door was pushed into my face. I rubbed my forehead while I stumbled back to my feet but before I got completely up the person who had hit me with the door, grabbed my upper arm and pulled me up off of the ground. I pushed my black fringe out of my eyes to thank the person who had not only landed me on the ground but also helped me up. I lifted up my eyes and met amazingly crystal blue eyes. His long blonde hair was falling into those gorgeous eyes and I found myself staring as he did the signature hair flip that was so normal for guys in this day and age.

'I'm really sorry! I didn't see you there! I guess the glass was fogged and I just wasn't paying attention and I just went out the door without paying-," he chuckled at this. His laugh was adorable, as adorable as he was. "I'm rambling. I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He was gazing at me with those crystal blue eyes and I found myself at a loss for words. Think, Emily, think. Gosh, but he was so adorable and he was smiling at me... okay, one hot guy and you can't control yourself? I must have bumped my head a lot hard than I thought. 

"It's fine! If you wouldn't have knocked me down, I would have ended up knocking myself down and so this way is a lot less embarrassing!" I smiled a cheeky smile back at him. I was just about to walk around him when he caught me by the arm and I turned to see him staring down at me intently. Not that it was entirely unpleasant to be touched by an extremely hot guy, but I didn't know him, and so it seemed weird that he had already grabbed me twice.

"What's your name?" He was still looking down at me intently. As I thought of how I should respond I noticed his height compared to mine. He was at least 6'2" and here I stood at 5'3".

"Emily Mozelt." I answered his question simply while trying to look at him just as intently. "And you happen to be?"

"Davey. Davey Johns." He replied before smiling at me again. "You have a really pretty name to match that pretty face of yours."

Wait, did this guy just hit on me? I was horrified. I felt the blush slowly climb up my neck and then blossom on my checks. He really had complimented me. 

"Ugh, thanks... I think?" I laughed nervously, biting my lower lip hoping he wouldn't notice the blush.

"No problem. Well, it was nice running into you, " he laughed at his own joke, "and maybe we will see each other around town sometime!" With that he nodded his head and walked away. Great, Emily. The only hot guy within about a thousand mile radius hits on you, and you just let him walk away. I face palmed myself, which is when I realized how cold my hands were and grabbed the door handle again. Well, I guess I had just lost my chance with Davey Johns... I walked into the coffee shop feeling more down than I had in a long time.

All Rights Reserved. I own this, the cover page and anything associated with ‘Taking Your Love Hostage.’ The copying of any of this is illegal and punishable by law. Owner: Carmen Nicole Brewer.