The Good And The Bad: Chapter 2

[Chapter 2: IHOP is a place of family's.. not drama...]

The next morning, I woke up out of bed. The first thought that was obviously on my mind was my parents being in a mafia. And now them not telling me for my whole life, I have a target on my back and now they might find me. To say I'm scared is just one out of the many words.

"Janae, are you awake." I heard my mom say trough the other door.

"Yeah, you can come in." I replied. Both of my parents came in as I looked at them as the shut the door.

"Listen sweetie we have some bad news to tell you." My dad replied as I sighed looking down.

"What is it?" I asked them as they sat down on my bed.

"They figures out where we lived and now we have to move locations. Now you on the other hand we don't think that you are safe to be with us. What happened last night was a big wake up call, and we regret not telling you what we actually did to keep you safe. We thought it would be something that we could've avoid, but now you have to know what really is going on." My mom told me as I sighed.

"So where am I supposed to be going if I can't be with you guys?" I replied as my parents looked each other.

"You remember the Washingtons? They stayed across the street.." My dad asked me as I starred at them.

"I mean, yeah I do. I was best friends with their kids..." I told them as they nodded.

"They too are apart of the mafia business, and we did them a huge favor a couple of years back an got them almost five million dollars, invested in one of their businesses. Mr. Washington died a couple of years ago and he left the whole entire, Italian mafia for him and-" but I cut them off.

"Damien?" I asked as he nodded.

"Yeah, we talked to Damien last night and he told me that you could go to his Miami residence to live with him and his council until things cleared up." my dad told me as I shook my head.

"You guys knew how devastated when they left, and you guys had communication with them?" I asked my mom rolled her eyes.

"This is because if we told why they left, to anybody even you. We would've been killed." She told me as my eyes went wide.

"Listen, this business if very dangerous and if you mess up just one time, and can depend on your life and someone else life. Depending on who you are, and how known you are your life have a bounty on it. He left because he didn't want to put your life in danger, but now it is that point  where now you have to hide to be safe." he replied as I sighed. They both stood up as my dad walked to the store.

"Hurry up and get dressed, and start packing. He'll be here in less then an hour." he finished, walking out of my room.  I looked up at my mom as she sighed standing up.

"I'm sorry that we didn't tell you earlier, but we thought that this was for the best.." she mumbled as she walked out of the room. I sat in bed, thinking about what happened. 

I finally got up and walked to the bathroom. I took a long, hot shower as I got up and walked out and put on my outfit.