New York, New York

"New York, New York... you're the one" 

5 months later 

"Oh my I love this city!"I heard the blonde haired, blue eyed beauty that was Summer Willows gush as she walked into Jumpin' Java, one of our favourite places in the city and where Summer and I had both landed jobs. 

"What happened on the subway today?" I asked with a smile as I handed her, her apron off of the hook and went back to cleaning a coffee mug. 

"Alright, so I was really bored while I was waiting and I saw this guy playing a guitar right…" As she continued to talk about her 'exciting' day I felt my mind wander off. 5 months, it had been 5 months since Ryder had left, since 'Ressa' had ended, Summer and I had been living happily in New York City since September and it seemed like I was finally beginning to get over Ryder.. almost. 

Over the last four months, Summer and I had developed a strong bond. We were living alone in a large studio apartment that we just happened to love after a month of living with her aunt Summer and I set off to find an apartment which we managed to land a cheep enough one in Greenwich Village. 

While Summer had 2 part time jobs, well a job and an internship--a waitress here and an internship at Barney's I was working full time here until February which was when I would finally get to go to NYU. 

Shae visited on long weekends, since neither me, Summer, or Shae would be able to make it home for the holidays at Thanksgiving Shae took a train and came here. Clary we skyped just about every night and I talked to Lucas and Jared as much as I could but… it was hard. 

As for Kyle and Rhi? Well they were cut out of my life completely… same as 'him' 

"God the place isn't very busy today is it?" Summer sighed as she leaned against the counter and observed the empty cafe "Where's Gunther?" 

"Out, he said we can lock up today." 

Summer nodded her head as I moved towards the counter display where all of our pastries were set up perfectly and I double checked what kinds we had, blueberry and chocolate muffin, cherry danish… 

A few minutes later I heard the familiar ding signalling that someone had come in but I didn't think much of it, Summer could take him. 

"Hello there what can I--" Summer began to say before I heard her note pad drop and a loud squeal escape her lips "Oh my god! Ah I can't believe your here! How are you? Oh my gosh, Nessie, Nessie!" 

I sighed standing up to see what the big fuss was but as I did I felt my jaw literally drop. I couldn't believe it, what on earth was he doing here? Was it really him? "What--" I began to say before the guy she had just hugged pulled away and turned his head towards me and I felt my stomach twist into knots immediately… it was him. Right down from his curly, dirty blonde hair, to those stormy grey eyes, to his black V neck that he loved so much… 

"Hey Lennon." Ryder Jackson said awkwardly as his eyes took me in. He had definitely grown up, his scruff on his chin made him look so hot-- Wait no. I was mad. 

"What are you doing here?" I snapped crossing my arms over my ivory lace peplum top. I mean… god what the hell was he doing here? 

"Visiting." Ryder said. 

Summer cleared her throat obviously noticing the giant elephant in the room and the tension so she began slowly backing up to the inventory storage room. "I'm gonna just… give you to a minute."