You Belong With Me

"Why can't you see? You belong with me." 

The next morning when I woke up I let out a deep long sigh as I realized that thankfully today was Saturday. I sat up in bed yawning loudly as I pulled my messy brown bed hair into a high pony tail before climbing out of bed and heading downstairs. 

As I reached the kitchen I found a sticky note on the island counter from my dad. 

Hey I'm at the council meeting until 3, we also have a dinner tonight we're meeting at Luna Blue at 6 with the mayor and BE NICE to Ryder he's coming too. 

-Dad 

"Crap." I hissed under my breath as I remembered our new house guest. I glanced down at what I was wearing and realized that I did not want Ryder to see me in a crop top and short shorts that I had worn to bed. 

Immediatly I spun on my heel and ran out of the kitchen, as I made to the second floor I ran into something still and rock solid. 

"JESUS!" I practically screamed as I rubbed my wounded head before looking up to see Ryder. So much for not wanting him to see me. I thought. 

I stood up with no help from him and looked up to see him smirking at me. "What?" I snapped. 

"Nice uh.... pajamas." 

I rolled my eyes and shoved past him towards my bedroom "We have a dinner tonight. at 6, dress nice." I said before slamming the door. 

After I had taken a shower and pulled my brown hair up into a high pony tail I proceeded to brushing my teeth and got dressed in a pair of legging that went to mid claf and a long over sized white shirt that fell to my mid thighs and was a one shoulder. Finally as I finished I headed back downstairs because honestly I was starving. But as I reached the land of food I found Ryder digging around in the fridge talking on the phone. 

"Yeah... yeah man I'm sure.... Dude just shut up already..... Holy shit it's fine.... Just come over!" He hung up before spinning around with a box of eggo waffles, syrup, butter, and a case of my dads beer. 

Weird combo right? 

"What are you doing?" I asked puzzled as I eyed the beer "It's 9 in the morning." 

Ryder smirked "It's never to early for some good old beer--" 

"You're underage you idiot." I said making a snatch for the beer but he held it up far out of my reach. 

"Nice try shorty. Now I'm gonna have a few friends over so if you just you know.... shoo, shoo that would be amazing." 

"It's my house." I argued my eyes narrowing into a glare "I'll go anywhere I want thank you very much. Besides I was planning on having my friends coming over." 

Ryder rolled his eyes "Yeah well to bad now move out of my way I'm hungry." He tried to step around me but I blocked his way, he tried it again but once again I stopped it. "God would you move it already?" He asked tiredly. 

"Give me the beer." I snapped holding out my hand. 

"No way." He said disagreeing holding the beer far out of my reach once again. 

"Well then looks like I'm staying put." I sighed crossing my arms over my chest and began whistling softly just to annoy him. I could feel his eyes glaring at me but I could tell he knew I wasn't going to move. Finally he let out an aggravated grunt before finally shoving the case of beer into my arms. 

"You're such a buzz kill." He grumbled as I moved aside and smirked at him. 

"I'll live." I said before leaving the kitchen the kitchen with the beer in hands and opened the door to the cellar basement and climbed down, I placed the case in the mini fridge down ther before spirnting back upstairs. As I entered the kitchen I leant against the archway frame and watched as he made his waffle.