I Won't Give Up

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough"

"So let me get this straight." Rhi said as we walked to class the next morning "You freaking slapped Summer Willows?" 

"Yeah." I said glumly. 

"Ness are you crazy?" Rhi shrieked "Summer she-she'll ruin you!" 

I sighed shrugging my shoulders "I'll live through it." 

Rhi cast me a strange look but stayed silent. It was the last period of this murky and rainy Tuesday and all day my friends had been used to my gloomy anti social attitude. I had only talked when it was absolutely crucial and I had skipped lunch in the cafeteria and instead went to the library. I hadn't been able to talk very much ever since yesterday and with all the dirty looks i had been getting since I had arrived this morning. Word seemed to quickly spread like wildfire yesterday after I had left about Summer and my fight and also the fact that we both slapped each other. 

But I felt myself for once not caring, I just wanted this day to be over. 

As Rhi and I reached art we took our seats at the two easels right beside each other and waited for the rest of the class and our teacher Miss Moore to come in. I kept my eyes on my blank easel not daring to look up and see who was coming in because I knew very well who was in this class. Can you guess who? 

Ryder. 

"Alright class." Miss Moore's voice spoke up as thunder rumbled outside "So what comes to you're mind when you think of the colour red?" 

"Apples?" Rhi's voice suggested. 

"Blood?" Daniel James spoke up from across the room. 

"Lights." Another voice chirped. 

"Right." Miss Moore said "The colour red is one of the most vibrant and beautiful colours in the world. Everywhere you go there is always that colour whether it's in the tree's during fall or at a stop light. So for today I want you all to paint the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of red. At the end of class we will have a mini gallery and see what you all painted! Now, can I have some volunteers to help hand out the paint--Vanessa Lennon! Why don't you help?" 

So much for 'volenteers' I thought grumpily as I stood up and walked to the front where Miss Moore handed me the paint pallets and I began moving around in the circle that she had set up and began handing everyone their paint, pallets and brushes. 

As I neared Ryder I tried to ignore the nervous and anxious feeling that was growing in my stomach. I finally reached him and as I stopped and set the brushes on the stool Ryder lifted his hand and hit the paint pallet that I was currently holding which made the red paint splatter all over me. 

I dropped the pallet as a look of disgust covers my face and the room immediately went dead silent. "You did not." I said "Just do that." 

"Oh, but I did." Ryder smirked. 

I took a deep breath and grabbed a paint brush. I slid it through the paint that was currently splattered all over me before I flicked it at Ryder causing him too to get red paint all over his white V neck. "You have got to be f--" He grabbed the persons paint beside him and threw it at me causing me to scream and as I reached for more paint Miss Moore's snippy voice rang throughout the classroom. 

"Enough you two!" She yelled looking at the two of us both covered in red paint. "Go to the back bathroom and wash the hell up. You children." She snapped at us in disgust. 

I glared at Ryder and stormed off to the back grabbing the door and swinging it open half hoping it would hit Ryder in the face. The bathroom in the back of the art room was simple with a sink and a toilet. I spun around to face Ryder who had just come in with a glare on my face.