Last Friday Night

"Pictures of last night ended up online, I'm screwed....oh well" 

The next morning when I woke up it was at least 11 o'clock. Ryder, Clary, and Shae and I had stayed until 3 at Jared's house to help clean up. The night had been fun but I hadn't once seen Kyle which pissed me off to no extent. 

When I woke up I got dress in simple jeans and a tee shirt pulling my brown hair into a high pony tail and walking downstairs. When I reached the kitchen I saw Ryder sitting at the island with a glass of water as he put two advil in his mouth. 

"How are you hungover?" I asked as I walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of Arizona tea "I didn't even see you drink last night." 

"That hour before we went outside I had a few drinks." He said "I'm just really good at acting like I'm sober." He added causing me to laugh. "So anyway did you have fun last night?" 

I nodded my head as I took a sip of my drink "Yeah, more then I thought at least. I had alot of fun talking to Lucas and even Jared was acting fine to me." 

Ryder nodded but his jaw seemed slightly clenched "Talk to Kyle at all?" 

"No." I said bitterly "Summer was probably watching him like a hawk all freaking night." 

"Why do you even like him anyway?" Ryder finally asked "I mean he's dating the biggest bitch in school and I mean I know yu think he's this like God or something but he's not Kyle has his ass moments." 

"Everyone has ass moments." I stated with a roll of my eyes "It's how humans process Ryder--besides why do you care anyway?" 

Ryder rolled his eyes "I just want you to know what the kids all about alright? Anyway your dad said before he left this morning that he's signing both of us up for that Willows Crest Golden Girl thing today while he's at the town hall." 

I nodded my head "Okay." I said. 

"When do you think we should start practicing?" He asked staring at me with his peircing gray eyes. "The thing is in what a month right?" 

"3 weeks." I corrected "We may as well just start I mean.... my dad expects us to win after all, you busy today?" 

Ryder shook his head "Every ones hung over... we just have to like dance right?" 

I felt my mouth twitch up into a smile "Yeah, ballroom dancing." 

"Oh dear lord." Ryder said in horror causing me to laugh. 

"C'mon." I said standing up and grabbing his hands "I know a good place to practice, but we need to drive to it. And before you ask no one we know will see us." 

                                                                            ♬  

"I thought you said no one will see us." Ryder groaned as we walked along one of the pathways of the local park near Willows Lake. 

"I said no one we know." I corrected smiling before I stopped in front of Ryder. "Alright so all we have to do is you put one hand on my waist and the other taking my hand and we just step and dance.... get it?" 

Ryder rolled his eyes nodding his head as he placed his hand on my waist with no trouble then grabbed my hand as I put my hand on his shoulder. "Wait." He said "Shouldn't we have music?" 

"Well yeah but--" Ryder let go of me and pulled out his phone before turning the volume on and putting on a song. I waited a second to identify the song before a smile broke out on my face "You have this song on your phone?"