Live Until I Die

*Warning unedited*

___________

"I don't wanna think about tomorrow"

"Alright everyone listen up!" Shae called to us clapping her hands to catch our attention, and by 'us' I mean me, Clary, Jared, Ryder, Lucas, and the rest of people on the prom commitee, of course the commitee was made up in September but due to about only 6 people on it Shae who was the chairwoman insisted that we join. Meaning, we were forced against our will. 

"For those of you who don't know, the theme for this years prom is retro therefore we need retro decorations and you will all be staying here late nights for the next 2 weeks because prom is in exactly 14 days! Ah I can't even handle myself!" 

I felt myself laugh and look over at Ryder who was beside me texting away on his phone. I rolled my eyes and quickly snatched it from his hands. He looked at me with a fake pouty face only to make me laugh again. 

"Listen!" I giggled. 

"So," Shae continued "With prom right around the corner, we really need you all to bring in as much decorations as possible. We've booked a DJ, Luna Blue will be the caterers--Thanks again Clary." Clary smiled nodding her head. "So.... who has something that we can use? Because I think I can speak for all of us that the schools decorations are just.... no." 

We all laughed and that and I felt myself raise my hand "The decorations we used for Founders Day, the twinkly lights, my dad would let us use those for the night we can hang them from the ceiling." 

"Perfect!" Shae squealed. 

"Oh the art club!" Megan McArthur, one of the original prom comittee people spoke up "A while ago, we did a retro unit for our photgraphy so we could enlarge those pictures and put them up along the walls!" 

"I bet Allen could give me some of the old records to hang along the walls too." I added "Records were huge back then." 

"Perfect." Shae said with a smile as she jotted it down on her clip board. "Alright well, that's it I guess for today but for the next two weeks continue to bring in decorations we can use--oh and in a few days the school's giving us the day off to go around town and collect. Have a good night everyone!" 

In unison we all stood up and began making our way out of the deserted halls, it was around 6 at night and we had been here since 3 ever since school ended. The last week had been crazy with everything prom and the prom king and queen applicants were announced with Kyle and Summer in the running obviously. 

I had been trying extra hard to keep my distance with that happy couple ever since my little confrontation with Kyle and I was trying extra hard not to let Ryder know, I didn't exactly know why it mattered that I talked to Kyle without him especially with the way our conversation went but still I knew Ryder would take it anything but lightly. 

"Nessie!" Clary called to me, causing me and Ryder to stop walking and look over to see her making her way over. 

"Hey what's up?" 

"Jared and I were about to go to Luna Blue, my dads giving me the night off so we thought we could enjoy a night of having our family wait on us and--" 

"Not the best first impression for Jared there Claire." Ryder chuckled "Why don't we all head over to Melody's Diner? I'm craving a burger." 

"Amen to that." I agreed. 

"Alright!" Clary chirped "Double date it is then!" 

"Oh come on!" Shae whined as she approached our group "Please don't tell me you're all making plans without me now, don't you know I'm the life of the party guys!"