I'm Yours

"Well I won't hesitate no more, no more it cannot wait. I'm Yours"

"Who's your celebrity crush?" Ryder asked me as we sat silently in the backyard of our house later that night. I looked at him which felt really awkward seeing as my head was rested on his chest with my back on the emerald grass. 

"What?" I asked "That was random." 

"I know." He smiled and I laughed rolling my eyes. "So, who?" 

"Mm.... Dave Franco. Oh, or Jonah Hill." 

"Jonah Hill?" Ryder chucked "The guy from 21 Jump St.?" 

"Oh yeah." I said with a smile "I fall for the funny guys, what about you?" 

Ryder hummed as he thought before he said "Sandra Bullock." 

"She's a little old for you don't you think?" I laughed only to see Ryder shrug his shoulders with a grin on his face. 

"Can't help it." 

"So listen." I said sitting up and turning towards him "We can't tell anyone about... us especially my dad. He'll flip if he finds out and he and I aren't exactly on the best of terms at the moment." 

"We can't tell anyone?" 

"Well I mean, we can tell our close friends. I mean I was going to tell Clary and Shae tonight, so I mean you can obviously tell the guys." 

Ryder nodded his head "Good, I kind of already told Jared." 

I rolled my eyes but I couldn't hide the smile on my face "Of course you did... So... did the-did the guys know about that summer?" 

"Lucas knew, Jared found out a few weeks ago. Lucas is the sensitive one so I thought that you know... when I needed a sappy guy talk--" I snorted before I could stop myself and Ryder smirked. "Something funny Lennon?" 

"Sappy guy talk?" I laughed. 

Ryder shook his head the smile not leaving my face as he softly tackled me so my back was on the wooden patio deck and I grinned as he leaned down and kissed me deeply and I felt my insides warm with the feel of his touch. He pulled away still grinning as he brushed a hair from my face. 

"Your amazing you know that?" 

I grinned and quickly pecked him on the lips before he rolled off of me and stood up, he offered me his hand and pulled me back up as the sound of my dad's car on the other side of the house and we quickly ran in the back door that led into the kitchen. 

"I'm home." Dad's voice called as he came in. 

I sighed as I took a seat at the island counter and opened up my laptop, my dad and I still weren't on the best of terms ever since that big blow up fight we had on the Founders Day and our conversations were typically one word answers or replies. 

"So I got a call from the school today." He said as he came into the kitchen where Ryder and I were sitting, me on Facebook and Ryder doing homework that I had already done. "Here you guys decided easels weren't fun enough in art." 

I grunted as a reply not up for my dad's scolding as I quickly messaged Clary. 

[Guess what?] 

"Any reason you 2 decided that painting each other was better then an easel?"

"We were trying to make an artistic statement." I muttered, half lying. 

"And that was?" 

"Uh... freedom?" I suggested though it came off as more of a question. 

"Very funny."