State of Grace

"And I never saw you coming, and I'll never be the same"

"He did what?" Shae and Clary shrieked in unison. 

It had only been ten or so minutes since the Ryder Thing, as I called it happened. The florescent light in the bathroom was making my eyes burn and I was freezing after giving Ryder's jacket to Lucas not feeling... right in it. After The Ryder Thing happened, I had stayed frozen in spot for to long before I ran back inside to find my two best friends, I had to tell them. I sent them an SOS text to meet me in the bathroom and when I arrived I found them both waiting for me with worried expressions displayed across their faces. I retold what had just gone on and watched their faces in unison change from worried to shocked. 

"He kissed you?" Clary asked "How? Did he just do it?" 

I nodded my head "He just grabbed me and--and did it! Guys, what do I do? I live with the guy, I see him every day and he just confessed to be that he liked me as more then a friend!" I groaned burying my head in my hands and shook my head "What should I do?" 

For once in their lives Clary and Shae were speechless, the only sound that I could hear was the sound of the blaring music in the next room and the sound of the elegant sink dripping. I looked up to see them staring back at me with wide eyes and I scoffed "Thanks for the help guys." 

"Sorry." Shae sighed "It's just... when have any of us ever had this happen? Ness, I mean we always knew but--" 

"What do you mean you always knew?" I snapped. 

"Well I mean." Clary began "Just the way they acted around you, you seemed like a possession to Kyle but something so much more to Ryder. They always seemed to be competing around you whenever you three were together--" 

"And you didn't think of telling me this!" I cried "Ugh now I feel so stupid." 

"We thought you knew!" Shae defended. 

I groaned shaking my head as I brushed the hair out of my face "This night is way more drama filled then I wanted it to be." 

The two of them offered me smiles and I felt myself being pulled into a giant group hug. "Look on the bright side." Clary said "At least Ryder's hot." 

"You are taken there missy!" Shae laughed and I pulled out of the hug in shock. 

"Taken? When did this happen!" 

"I'm not taken." Clary laughed with a roll of her eyes "I just have like one date--" 

"With someone that you've already made out with." Shae reminded her with a smirk. 

I looked at both of them beyond confused before I finally asked "Who are you talking about!" 

"Oh just someone who's name just happens to be Jared!" Shae squealed and I felt my jaw literally drop. 

"You and Jared?" I asked in shock "Since when?" 

"Since about 20 minutes ago." Clary said with a shrug of her shoulders "He asked me to a Marianas Trench concert and I said yes. You know how much I love me my Trenchys."

I laughed finally able to before I sighed and checked the time to see it was 10 o'clock already. "Can I crash at one of your houses tonight? I'm not really up to see my dad or Ryder at the moment." 

Clary nodded her head "You can come to mine, Do you want to just leave now? I don't think any of us are really up to the party by now anyways." 

Shae nodded her head "I'll call you guys tomorrow okay?"