Forgive Me

"And you forgive me again, you are my one true friend." 

I was worried, no I was more then worried I was terrified. After Ryder had texted me, I called him and he told me that something was up with Summer Willows yes Summer Willows and he said that he had to go to her house to talk to her. Worry was building up inside me the whole drive home, what was happening? Was Summer okay? I mean sure she drove me crazy and we had a mutual dislike for each other but I didn't want anything bad to happen to her.... 

But what if Ryder decided that Summer was the better choice. I mean, she was gorgeous, popular.... Oh god. Now I'm even more freaked out. 

After Shae and Clary dropped me off at home, I took to pacing in the front hall with my phone in hand until Ryder would come home and tell me what was happening. 

And I waited, for hours. 

My dad was away on business so I was alone in the house for hours pacing and waiting praying everything was alright but I was becoming more and more anxious each second that I looked to the driveway and saw it was still abandon. 

By eleven at night I was still alone and forcing my eyes but they were threatening to close. Finally I heard a set of keys in the lock and I jumped up and ran from my spot on the couch to where I saw Ryder walking in, only... he wasn't alone. 

"What is she doing here?" I demanded as I took in the sight of Summer Willows standing awkwardly behind Ryder. 

"Lennon I need to talk to you." Ryder said "Summer just wait and sit on the couch." With that Ryder grabbed my arm and pulled me into the kitchen. 

"What's going on?" I asked as he closed the glass doors that separated the kitchen and living room giving us some privacy. 

"Look, Summer got into this like crazy fight with her parents and they--they kicked her out." 

"What?" I asked shocked at the sudden turn of events "What happened?" 

"It's a long story, but anyways Kyle and her got into an argument on top of that because Kyle wouldn't let her stay at his place, his parents are having this big party and it would apparently 'look bad' if she just walked in. Look Lennon she didn't have anywhere else to go and--" 

"Ryder." I finally said cutting him off "It's fine." 

He nodded his head and quickly pulled me in for a hug "I'm sorry to just drop this on you." He said as he kissed the top of my head "But I couldn't just leave her." 

I nodded before pulling away and walking back into the kitchen. "So." I began as I went in and sat down beside Summer who was sitting on the couch obviously feeling awkward with being my house but I tried to ignore it best I could. "My dad's away on business so it's just us three, I would say you could stay in his room but he always locks that damn door. So looks like we'll be sharing my room." 

She nodded her head as her eyes were glued to the bracelet woven around her wrist. "Okay so, do you want me to get you out some pajamas or something?" 

"I'll come up with you." She said quietly as we stood up and made our way up the stairs and into my room, I was dying to know why her parents kicked her out but since asking "So why exactly did your loving parents give you the boot?"  Seemed pretty rude I stayed silent as I walked into my closet and grabbed 2 sets of pajamas before returning back to my room where Summer was looking at all the records displayed across the walls. 

"You really have a lot of these don't you?" She asked as I came back and handed her a pair of shorts and a large tee shirt. 

"Yeah." I said with a nod "I love them."