TWO

____________________________________________

"BULLSHIT, STRAIGHT UTTER BULLSHIT!" - LANA AVENTIUS

SONG : NF - NO NAME
________
____________________________________

SONG : NF - NO NAME____________________________________________

LANA 🌻 AVENTIUS

I walked down the pebble trail with my satchel on my shoulder, which held containers of food. After the whole argument happened, everyone went their separate ways. The tension in the house was too thick and it was the best thing for everybody to do. I hated the feeling, so with the help of Aunt Nicole I was able to sneak out to the grounds without anyone noticing.

The grounds is a place where I can communicate with my ancestors. I wouldn't be so powerful if it wasn't for them, so any chance I get, I come down, talk, and sometimes practice my magic.

The trip to the grounds was fairly short. For a regular person all they would see is trees and water, but for me I see direction. Arrows glow and show me the way to my family grounds.

"Hey grandma J, grandma Clarice, grandma Shon (pronounced shaun), Uncle Jimmy, and Aunty Lo. Hello everyone else." I said sitting. There's a lot more of my ancestors here, but I don't have time to call all their names.

"Grandma J, you won't believe what happened today." I said watching the water rise.

That means she was here.

"What baby?" She said walking up to me. She took a seat and I started to tell her the latest.

"Aunty Jane 'gon get mad because I said I don't want to go to California. Talking bout' I don't have a say." I said taking the food out the bag.

"Mhm, I see." She said taking a piece of chicken.

"I'm eighteen grandma, I should have a say in what I want to do." I said eating some of the macaroni and cheese.

"I agree, but we all have a feeling that something good out there is waiting for you, but there's also something bad." She said slowly.

"I have the same feeling." I huffed.

"Grandma." I said putting the food down so I could fiddle around with the fork.

"Yes baby." She said.

"W-when I was arguing with aunt Jane, I thought something bad. If i-it weren't for aunt Nicole then I think I would have done it. I think she sensed the feeling I was feeling and finally decided to step in." I said looking down.

"You wanted to kill her?" She asked looking at me.

Throwing the broken sticks, I let out a huff before continuing. "Yes." I said looking away.

I soon felt her cold hand on my chin. She turned my head so I could look at her, but I just couldn't bring myself to do so. "Hey, it's okay Lana. Every Wiccan has that feeling. They feel it a couple times in their lifetime. It's not good to do evil, but just because you have one evil thought does not mean you're bad." She said softly.

Little did she know that wasn't my first, or my fourth.

"Thanks grandma." I said hugging her.

"Your welcome. The sun is up so you need to go, but before you do take these." She said handing me a couple of charms. I didn't even know so much time had passed by.

'I was here for that long?'

"I think you already know which one goes to who, so, I don't have to tell you." She said packing the containers back into the bag.

Both me and her got up. I could already feel the tears brewing in my eyes. "You've grown into such a beautiful women. Much like your mother." She said caressing my cheeks.

"T-thank you." I stuttered as the tears cascade down my face.

"Aww, don't cry. You can always contact me." She said wiping my tears.

"I know, but I won't be able to physically touch you anymore." I said hugging her.

"Just be lucky that we can still communicate. Regular humans can't even do that." She said laughing. "I love you Lana." She said disappearing.

The whole scenery was changed, and I was now in front of the burgundy, two story house.

I hold tightly on my bag, and walked in. I just wanted to sleep.

"Mama, she's here!" I heard Lucas yelled as he peeked his head out the door.

I heard feet patter on the hardwood floor, and before I knew it I was in my aunt's arm. "Where did you go?" Aunt Jane frantically asked as she checked me over.

"I was at the grounds." I said.

"No you weren't. I sent Lucas and Isaiah and they said you weren't there."

"Grandma must of spelled it." Aunt Lily said.

"I'm just glad you're back.  thought you left me like how your mother-." She said but stopped.

My mother was a touchy subject for both aunt Jane and aunt Nicole.

Grandma passed on when mom was around twelve leaving her, aunt Nicole, and aunt Jane with their father. Grandma passing took a toll on grandpa, and he tried everything to get her back, which ultimately left him powerless.

Ma said grandpa never liked her and favored aunt Jane and aunt Lily more, so when he got drunk he used to take his anger out on her. She knew it wouldn't be a safe environment for her since she was pregnant, so when she was 16 she ran away. Mom said leaving aunt Jane and aunt Nicole was hard, but she knew grandpa wouldn't harm them so that kind of eased her pain. Aunt Jane was fourteen and Aunt Nicole was fifteen at the time. Two years after mom left grandpa died. Mom was living in the family house when she heard the news, and as soon as she did she went to get aunt Jane and Lily.

Momma died five years ago, and Aunt Jane is now my legal guardian.

"I wouldn't leave you aunty." I said hugging her.

"I'm sorry about the way I acted last night. If you don't want to go then you can stay." She said stepping back.

"Thank you so much." I said engulfing her into a hug.

"Alright, enough of this sappy shit. Go eat breakfast, we have a lot of things to do today." Aunt Nicole said clapping her hands.

Walking over to her, I brought her into a bone crushing hug that she surprisingly didn't protest.

"You know I love you, right?" She said rocking us side to side.

"Yes." I said before running into the kitchen.

Guess who's not going to California? This gyal'