Cowardice

5:13

Daniel

I open my eyes. I blink a few times, to rethink what has happened. I gasped, and immediately try to jump up to my feet. I only just sat up, before my body fell to the ground. I curse my body of its inability. I take in my surrounding as I lay on the floor. I appear to be in the main stage area, right under the stage. Figures. I would be the one to actually roll off the stage. I groan as I see Freddie peek over the stage in bewilderment. I waved it off and gave her a thumbs up, trying to convey I was okay. She shook her head, and went back further onto the stage. I move my limbs, using the stage as a crutch. My legs were jelly, and my arms stone. I saw all the animetronics sitting there, including Shadow and Goldy. My eyes widen, and I begin to lurch towards the office, with as much haste as my legs could afford. I got halfway across the room, before appearing on the stage. I fell to the ground face first without something to hold myself up, or without momentum. "Stay."I heard in my head. I begin to nervously laugh, ending it with a whimper as they all talked.

"So this night guard, who decided to face off Goldy one on one, and became close friends with Bonnie. Yet, he is not above crying on the floor. Or falling off a stage. Impressive." Shadow said. "Takes one to know one..." I mumble, before I am 5 inches away from Shadow's face, and not touching the stage. "What was that, Boy?" She said with spite. On instinct, I tried to get my face as far away as possible, and immediately say,"Nothing, please put me down.". Sadly, it turned into "pls no hurt, am sorry, I like ground.". I suddenly appeared right back where I was. The ground was still warm. I whimpered once again.

Freddie scowled at Shadow next to her. "Stop scaring him. He has had an interesting night, with interesting marks." She commanded. I was about to agree, before one thing she said made me stop. Interesting marks? I look over my body and found the hand prints around my waist. Ridge is going to kill me when I get home. And I haven't even apologized for earlier! I slump to the ground further, trying to become a puddle of embarrassment and fear. I start to get poked in the side. I look over with a sad expression on my face, to see Goldy poking me. "Stop being so sad, everything will go better than you think. Also, you are making me sad." I sighed and sat up, and tried to focus on what everyone else was talking about. Instead, Goldy shrunk down and started to talk. It was something equal to mumbling with random facts, along with important things. I spaced out while trying to focus on both conversations, until I noticed the time. It was 10 till 6! I couldn't believe the time had passed so fast. I started to wave my arms in victory, until I fell backwards from doing so. "Stop trying to hurt yourself! As much as I want to only share you with only one other, Shadow will tag along! And we both don't want that." Goldy hissed at me. "Besides, haven't you been listening? Shadow is trying to find out who would frame her in trying something with you." She whispered. "And it sounds like she is trying to accompany us back home." She added. My eyes went wide from that. I -I mean- Ridge can't live with two other women/spirits in my home. That would just be asking for bad things to happen, and I would have the inability to walk around without accidentally running into at least one of them. At that thought, my clumsy part of myself jumpstarted my adrenaline. "No!" I said, quickly standing up. Everyone looked over at me with a scared look. "Fine Shadow. You go with Daniel just for tonight." Freddie said, looking back at Shadow. I heard Goldy slap her forehead at my action, and I started to cry on the inside. I hear the ringing of the clock at 6 am. I am going to just accept this meager victory, and go home. One night down, so many more to go.

-----------------------------

Hello! For once I actually have something important to say. I plan on pushing and creating up to the 28th chapter, then finish putting it all up onto FanFiction, and focus on my original novel I have on here. I do wish to update more than once a month or year for here. I also have to say, I ASSURE you, this will not be permanent hiatus. Anyway. Enjoy! And see you all next chapter.

~Hatter