Peace

Chapter 18

5:34

Daniel

"I didn't mean to hurt him! I was excited!" I hear someone say, as I register the headache, and my body aching from being on the floor. I think.

I open my eyes, to survey where I am, and ended up looking directly into Poppet's eyes. "Uh..morning?" I said, curious of why she was hovering over me.

This was unexpected, I believe, because the puppet jumped away from me.

"Well, he is now awake at least. Hello Danny. How was your nap?" I hear, above my head.

"Well Freddie, you should sleep on the floor, it is super comfortable here." I said with a smile, looking up at the animetronic bear.

"I'll think about it. Meanwhile, you should see Bonnie before you leave tonight. It would be best to your and my own interests."

I stood up and stretched out the tense muscles from sleeping on the floor. I wave bye to Freddie and Poppet, and began the walk to the office.

I see Bonnie curled up on the chair, still awake, but looking exhausted. I walk into the office, and sit down next to the purple rabbit. I put my arms around her, curious if she'll notice who it was.

She turned her head around sleeply, and said,"I am not in the mood for another hug, Foxy."

I chuckle at the forceful statement, and then said

"I am pretty sure I am not a fox, Bon."

She quickly did a double take, to see me, not Foxy, hugging her. She picks me up from beside her, and lifts me into her lap, and then hugs me tightly, not too tight of a hug, but just enough to prevent me from breathing correctly.

"Please, never do that again. That image of you...will be stuck forever. I won't be able to forgive myself for your death. I like you better than everyone else who has been a Night Guard. Don't scare me like that again, or else i'll be the one to hurt you. Please?"

"I can agree to that. How about we have the entire next night together, to hang out? For me to apologize?"

"Really?! That would be wonderful!" Bonnie said, squeezing me harder.

"Uh..Bon? Human..need to breathe...please." I said, as my vision began to darken again, then lightened up. I take a few deep breaths, as Bonnie began to blush from embarrassment.

I smile, to make her not feel terrible. "I am okay. My shift is almost over, so you should head to the stage. Alright?"

Bonnie nodded, and put me down. She stood up and hugged me. I returned the hug, and then she headed to the stage.