Chapter Eighteen - The Event

Well here is chapter eighteen, hope you like it and all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter Eighteen 

The Event

 Jimmy's P.O.V

Ty and I were sitting at a small little burger joint, trying to get some lunch before we head to the rink. It was pretty empty, but nice. I enjoyed Ty's company, mostly right now before big games. 

While Ty looked over the menu I decided that I should probably check my phone. Zac had left a few texts, well five. I looked up at Ty then back down at my phone, it was a bit improper to help Zac at a time like this. I'll text him right after, he’ll be fine for an hour.

“So what are you going to get?” I asked Ty, removing myself from thinking about Zac. I needed to focus on the now, get my game face on. Or at least calm myself with a good ol' conversation with Ty. His eyes looked up at me and suddenly a big cheeky smile appeared amidst his beard.

“Fries of course,” the simple answer allowed a smile to jump onto my face. “Only Fries?” His eyebrows raised at my response, as his smile turned to a smirk. “Yeah, what else do I need?”

Without a second to spare, we both broke out into laughter. The laughter filled the whole place. Loud, uncontrollable, happy laughter. I hadn't laughed like this in a while, but now I was- because of Ty. 

--

"Howie Head in the Game" I muttered as I stood there looking down the ice. Another game, another night.

I need to relax. 

Aubrey's P.O.V

The warm water ran down my body. My thoughts were set to ease, and my lips were pressed together allowing a smile to form. 

Tonight was going to be a good night.

I would enjoy a lovely night hanging out with Ethan (who knows, I might get some stuff out of him about Pucker to add to the article) and then tomorrow I would get rest. Finally monday was the last day. How could I not be happy. 

I ran my hand through my hair and the other one was on the opposite side of my waist. I just stood there just like that for a few minutes listening to the water running and feeling it's warmth on me. It was mesmerizing, enticing, lovely. The happiness of that moment filled me, and quenched every bit of stress and worry that had hurt my body these last few month.

Though with that I quickly stopped the water and got out. 

I had a lovely blue dressed picked out for the event tonight, something nice and simple. The sleeves were a bit tight and they stopped a bit before my elbow, the hem went to just above my knees and at least a few inches of it was ruffles, and lastly the cut was very interesting (designed almost like a sweater) in which it had a button and an oval opening. 

I had actually bought this dress for myself after getting my paycheck. Surprisingly this was a cheap dress I picked up on sale.

I slide on the dress and my red pumps then I headed into the bathroom to get my hair and makeup done. I still had an hour, but I'd rather finish now instead of rushing at the last second. Also, who knows Ethan could be early.  Ethan is a really nice guy, and a great friend.

Over the past months, while Pucker was being a complete asshole, Ethan and I have gotten a great bond. He's funny and just an interesting guy to talk to. Mainly when Pucker doesn't want to talk.

I went through my makeup bag as I thought about Ethan and the possibilities of what would happen tonight. Red lipstick, light pink blush, eyeliner, mascara, cover up, and a lovely light (almost fairy dust) grey eyeshadow. I laid the contents on the counter then I looked at my perfumes. I had two very different ones, one was 'Moonlight' and the other was 'Q.U.E.S.T'. I quickly grabbed 'Moonlight' mainly due to the fact of how long it lasts and how appropriate the sent was for an event like tonight.