Chapter Eight - The Avalanche (part 1)

Hey guys, glad to see you're about to jump into the new chapter. Well brief warning before you do, there will be snippets of Jimmy's P.O.V, I'm just trying them out. Tell me how you like them, it'll determine if I'll continue with it or not. Also on the side is a picture of the new cover. Other than that, here is the chapter & I hope you all enjoy it and ect. ect. ect. With Much Love

Emmie

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter Eight -

The Avalanche

Zachary's P.O.V

After lunch we headed back to the rink to pick up my car. Jimmy then headed to his house to pick up Rachel and then take her to the hospital for a check up. On the other hand, Barbie & I drove to Jimmy's house and unpacked while he was gone. Barbie stayed in the guest room the whole entire time while I looked at all the renovations Jimmy was doing. Rachel needed to stay at the Hospital, but her parents were in town and would be there with her. Jimmy came home, and went to his room for a nap. 

Now here we are, two hours before the game. Jimmy left a while ago. Barbie and I are in the car driving down to the Joe with the tickets Ken Holland gave us.

Jimmy's P.O.V

"Okay, I Love you." Rachel said over the phone as I smiled. "I love you too." I replied as I smiled. I took a seat on the bench, looking at the back of my locker. Daydream, thinking of the future, of the facts that have been laid out before me. 

"I'll see you after the game, good luck hunny. Bye." Rachel said, I bit the inside of my mouth. How did I get lucky enough to have her as mine. "Thanks, stay safe." I replied as I pressed end call. I put my phone down as I looked up at my gear. It all was nice and clean and ready for tonight. Going against the Avalanche. This is going to be an interesting game. I didn't really want to talk to the media today, so they passed by me. Instead I put in my Ipod and listened to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.

I slowly took each and every part of my equipment and put it on. Each pad, each small look down to the tee. I wanted it to be perfect. My skates were sharp and sleek, ready. My pads were clean and tough. The padding fit perfectly as usual. 

My helmet sat in my locker, the front of it facing me while I held my jersey in my hand. My Ipod was put away and everyone else was getting ready for the game. It was dead silent, but it was pretty close. The reporters had cleared out of the locker room and now it was just all of us. 

Every once and a while someone would say something, or spue a little joke. Though mostly it was quiet. Like getting ready for battle, silent no need to talk. Thinking, dreaming, imaging. I took a deep breath as I clenched the soft fabric of my jersey. Howard 35. Looking up for a second I focused on what was ahead. Then with that I put on my jersey. 

I grabbed my Helmet and my stick as we all turned around to see Nick standing at his locker. He was holding his Stick while he bent his heading, resting it on the stick. Homer was finishing lacing up his last skate, slowly and perfectly. Pavel was wrapping his final stick. Val was securing his helmet and making sure it was perfect. Bert was slowly chewing his pink bubble gum as he looked up at the clock, watching it. Then there was Hank tapping his skates smiling. 

Babcock walked into the locker room, glancing around at all of us. Yet no words were exchanged between any of us. 

Lids looked up at Babcock, with an exchange of looks between them Lids picked up his stick and followed Babcock as he headed out. With that Everyone else stood up and began to file out with them. I took my stand as Ty came to my side.