Chapter 28 - part 2

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aubrey's P.O.V

The world is cool as I head out into the day. The sun is hardly peeking out behind the clouds as my eyes look around at the campus. It was funny to think about how much the University provided to all the athletes. A nice little push towards apartment's near to campus with great deals. Nice apartments too. Mine looks like shit compared to this nonsense. Maybe I'm overthinking everything. Wouldn't be the first nor last time of me doing that fucking nonsense.

Deep breath, that's all I can think as my feet leads me through campus. My purse slightly swings on my side as the hum of the day rolls and fumbles about. It's at this moment that I find my mind wandering once again to places of unspeakable thoughts and situations.

I need this dumb story.

I really need this dumb story. I need this dumb interview with him.

I feel gross. Not because of Zac, not at all. He's great. Dumb, sure...but he's alright. He's funny even when he's being an ass. It's just, there's more than that. I'm going to get roasted if I don't get this interview, roasted and fried. And this is supposed to be the paper of a lifetime! One that would establish both the reality of my career and the reality of the paper here. This is supposed to be a once in a lifetime story I'm writing on one of the most secreative up and coming hockey stars in the world. One that removes himself from the normal social life of college, one that doesn't have an inkling of a social media account. I'm supposed to be writing my own name in stone and filling out the interview of a lifetime. The interview that would setup my own lifetime.

I feel gross...I feel like I'm using Zac.

A deep sigh escapes my lips as I reach into my bag and lightly finger the outline of my phone. Drinks with Lacey, that's what I need to focus on. Not the story. It's been forever since we hung out.

My feet lead me forward and off I go. Back to my apartment. I need something nicer to go out in and maybe...I'll just keep this shirt and all of that. Tonight I'll dress nice and not even thinking about this dumb interview nonsense. I'll talk to Zac about it tomorrow. I'll figure it out then. For now, though, I need a fucking beer. I need my fucking friends. I need to be in a loud bar far away from my thoughts and worries.

I need to be as far away as I can from everything. I really need to be farr, far, far away from the deadline.

------

Zachary's P.O.V

Clickity-clack. Press here and there, a little this and little that.

Bam bam boom.

[ One new voicemail from: SlimJim ]

I stiffle a small laugh as I throw my hockey equipment in my car and contuine fucking around with my dumb phone. I had almost forgotten about the fact that this is what I had changed Jimmy's name to. Jesus, drunk me needs better material. I could have asked Alex from Sig Ep for a better fucking joke. And that bastard is about as funny as a brick wall. Rolling my eyes at myself, I quickly press down and then press the speaker phone.

It's hardly a hot second before Jimmy's voice is mummbling this and that in the air.

"Hey....hey- shit! Hey dude, so I know you were telling me about your big game and fucking yeah of course I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Also your ass lucked out. No- hey come on I'm talking to Zac! Anyway, you lucked out- that I have no games and an off day. I'll be there, I'll bring the whole family!" There's a brief moment that his words fade out and there's the mumbling sound of someone else....I think Z muttering something in the background. "Anyway, yeah. Also, hey, remember to think about the draft. Ma' would love to know that you were settled in life. I mean, at least look for internships if you're not going into Hockey you dumbass." His laugh rolls out into the air, typical Jim. "See you in two weeks, you shit face."