Chapter Six - Jimmy & the Wings (part 1)

• Dedicated to To all three of the Hockey Players who have died this off season

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter Six --------------> Jimmy & the Wings

Zachary's P.O.V

Before I even start, let me explain something. So usually when I miss practice coach knows I'm in Detroit practing with the Wings. Though out of habit & respect I always give him some notice (usually with a call or something of the sort). Which is basically how my day started. 

I woke up really early, excitied for the day ahead. 

I was so awake this morning that I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. As I settled into my warm shower I began to think about Jimmy & the rest of the guys. 

It's about a 45 minute drive from here to the rink, but I usually stop for coffee and some scrambled eggs at a Denny's a few miles up. Their practice is usually a three hour deal, so afterwards Jimmy usually invites me to sleep at his house. Which is always the best because his wife Rachel makes the best spaghetti. Though every once and a while the group of the guys take me out & treat me.

This one time I came up for the weekend and I was able to go out all the time with everybody, well except Lids (Nicklas Lidstrom). His kids had a game. Though he made it up to me, but letting me practice against him. Let's just say, not matter Lids' age, he will always beat me. Beat me, really bad.

Well anyway back to the present moment. 

 I stepped out of the shower and cracked my fingers before wrapping a towel around my waist and heading to my room. I usually bring a suitcase to Jimmy's, mostly just because just in case we go out I want to look nice. 

 I changed into some jeans and a red blank long sleeve shirt. Upon being dressed I dailed coaches number on my phone. 

I stood by the window in my room looking out at the trees. The leaves were changing colors and it was just beautiful outside. My window was open letting the cool october breeze seep in. The phone rang twice before Coach  answered. 

"Z it's you, let me guess visiting Detroit arn't we?" He answered. Told you, it's usually one of the only reasons I call him. I haven't been sick in such a long time, no one in my family has died, no huge tests falling on the same night. Only if I'm going. "Yep." I answered as I leaned against my wall, keeping my eyes to the outside world. The clouds were slowly swirling around outside. Looks like it's gonna rain soon. 

"You're taking Ms. St.Claire with you." He commanded. 

What?! What in the actually fuck!? No, seriously. This is outside of that little deal. I'm visiting my brother for fuck's sake. I don't need Barbie tagging along!

Even with all this raging on in my head I kept silent, thinking through my words.

"Why does she have to come with?' I said, a growl was in the edge of my voice. Coach 'hmm'-ed right before she answered. "Well, let's see Z. You want to stay in Center, she's coming. You are in the middle of a deal, she's coming. So you better man up and deal with it. I can call Coach Babcock and tell him not to let you practice. I could call James (Jimmy). Now tell me Z, you want me to call James and tell him not to let you stay or practice or anything?" 

I glared out the window. This 'little' deal sucks balls. "Fine." I grunted as I turned from the window and heading towards my dresser to grab some fancy clothes and pajamas and all that stuff. All the while coach kept on lecturing me, while I rolled my eyes and packed my stuff in my black rolly suitcase. 

Finally when he was done, I took a deep breath and responded in a monotone voice. 

"Well you better call her boss, and make him tell her." I began as I zipped up my suitcase. "And also tell her what she's gonna be getting into." Coach muffled out a yeah & a see you tomorrow before he hung up the phone and left me to peace of the silent apartment.