Chapter Nine - Practice & Papers (part 2)

Hello Everyone. So here is the new chapter. Hope you all like it. It's kind of short, but it has some important information. Next chapter might be out before Friday, but probably not. So yeah, Hope you like it.    -Em

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter Nine

part 2

Aubrey's P.O.V

I bit my tongue as I looked up at the sky, class felt long. My teacher practically lectured us as usual and I tried my best to write notes instead of pre-planning my story. Though it was hard. The clouds were moving very quickly across the sky, but I just stood there watching.

I hugged myself as the wind let out a loud howl, blowing the leaves from the trees and out across the yard. 

God, I want to go take a nap. But I couldn't, I had promised myself that I would get something productive done before the game tonight, which I was forced to attend. With a little sigh, a rolling of the eyes, and lick of the lips I headed out towards my 'job'.

Zachary's P.O.V

Unlike Ethan, watching the JV team squirm as I watched them didn't make me laugh. I felt kind of awkward just standing there. Glances all around, twiddling thumbs, quick breaths. Half of them were freshman, the others were just average sophomores & Juniors who were yet ready for Varsity.

They were finicky and I couldn't help but feel bad for them. Though I knew I had to keep up the tradition.

"Okay......you guys.......time to get shit started." I said, making all eyes go on me as the rest of the- er well my team kept shooting on net. They all knew I wasn't a really big yeller, or talker. That was Ethan. I just held more of a leader role and I knew what to say during games.

Though as I said this, an idea instantly came to my mind. A brilliant Idea. 

"Before we get started, whoever skates their heart out today will win something." I began, really getting everyone's attention including my own team. "I promise you that, tonight during our game you will win a ticket to sit next to a pretty single blonde." That's right when their eyes became as big as saucers. Now I had their full and up-most attention.

Though I should have known, girls gets everyone's attention.

 "A blonde?" One of the guys in front of me piped up, his tone just screamed he was interested. Almost all of their eyes screamed interested. Though there were a few who looked indifferent about them all. 

Must have girlfriends.

"Though- if you already have a lady for your life.......let's see.........You get to go to Detroit with me to meet the Wings." I began and that's when everyone's attention, and I mean everyone, was on me. Though I could hear a little grunt and the sound of someone skating towards me. I turned to my side to see Ethan slide into place next to me.

"Hey Buddy...." He whispered, "I thought I got to go to Detroit with you.....next time." He finished as averted his eyes from mine. I shrugged as his eyes looked at mine. His face quickly changed to a scowl as he skated off.

I smiled at the JV guys as I listened to Ethan get out off the ice and slam the door. Someone is pissed.

"Okay boy up and at um'" I muttered as I stood there watching all of them get to their feet and stand there. "Get to the Blue Line." I yelled, instantly changing my voice to the best threatening growl I could make.