Chapter Ten - Troubled thoughts

Okay for this next chapter, I will upload when I get 7 comments from 7 different people (which should give me some time).  Okay, now that I have your attention. Yeah, 7 comments all from different people. So I didn't have this chapter planned, just a spur of the moment I guess. Hope you like this chapter though. It's really really really really short. Though again, hope you like it. -Emmie

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter Ten 

Aubrey's P.O.V

I had been thinking a lot lately. My mind has been racing. Unable to find an answer to anything.

I stood in the shower, letting the warm water run over me. I was thinking about a lot. Do I even want to work as a journalist? Do I want to do this with my life? If not then what do I want to do with my life? What is there to do with my life?

I let out a sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair. The sweet smell of Raspberries filling my nose. The soft texture of my hair calming me down. 

I turned off the shower and grabbed my towel, wrapping it around me. I don't want to go to the game. I just want to lie down and sleep, and relax. I don't want to sit at a rink next to a freshman as they try to hit on me. I don't want to freeze tonight.

I just want to sleep. A good long restful sleep.

Though that wouldn't happen. Nothing like that, not for me. I walked through my room and sat on my bed, grasping hold of my cell. There was a new text.

It was from Brendan.

I smiled as I read the simple text, 'Have a good day, hope to see you soon'. I couldn't help but bit my lip while smiling. It was just a little pick me up for the moment. 

For the moment.

And just as if it seemed happiness was with me, a crack of thunder broke the sound barrier and the sound of rain filled my ears as it drizzled outside. 

I let out another sigh as I fell backwards ling down on the bed. Worries came back to me. Fears filled my head. There is just way too much to worry about. Too much to question. Just too much. 

Jimmy's P.O.V

Rachael's head leaned against my chest as we laid down on the bed. Her soft subtle breathing filling our bedroom. The occasional groan or mumble though rang about every 15 minutes, but it was pleasant.

I couldn't sleep.

For some reason, I just couldn't sleep. Worry? Probably. Scared? Most defiantly. Knots in the stomach? Happens a lot lately. I knew why I was experiencing all of this too. It was clean and clear and even a fool could tell why. Rachael and the Baby. I worried about both of them, all the time.

Though I hadn't told anyone about it.

Not Rachel, not mom, not dad, not Zac, not Ozzy, not Ty, not Huds, not anyone. I kept it to myself. I was beginning to let it eat me up and I hated it. Though if it seemed to disappear during the game. It disappeared when I tie on my skates, nothing in the world matters but what I stand for. What I did to get myself to where I am today. 

But whenever I take off those skates, slide off my gear, step out of the rink- everything just comes crashing down. 

I let out a sigh as I muffled my face into her golden hair. With it memories raced through my head. Past memories. I thought about Rachel & my wedding. I thought about us meeting in college. I thought about my first NHL game. I thought about my first AHL game. I thought about being called up by Detroit. I thought about the draft. I thought about a lot.