Chapter Twenty-Six - Same Old Song & Dance

Erm- sorry this is a.........month late. Anyway, I'll spare you the rest of what I need to say till the end. For now, enjoy chapter twenty-six of BMH. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter Twenty-Six

Same Old Song & Dance

Jimmy's P.O.V

Sometimes I wonder what life is going to bring me next. 

Now, when I say that I don't mean in the way like those who constantly fear the future. Look to it as a crippling feature to be laid on their bodies. Instead I find it  a glistening reminder that I have gotten this far and I still have a lot in me to get farther. Almost a graceful gesture? I don't really think that's the wording I was looking for. No matter. It is what it is. The future that is. It's a mystery and, at the same time, a rather easy to predict manner. Just depends on who you are and where you are in your life. No matter how you look at it, the future is an interesting thing.

Everything we do now ends up being the end factor on why we end up where we do. We are the only one's in control of our fates and it's rather- amazing. Amazing and interesting, to say the least, that we are able to control that much of what will come. That we hold that much power in our hands. 

Maybe I'm just being sentimental.

Maybe it's just aging that is finally really putting things in prospective. Maybe it's the fact that James and Rachel are with me. Maybe it's just the day and age. There's way too many maybes for just one idea.

My eyes look out of the bus window at the bright lights of the city. New York ,New York. What a place. I can still remember coming here with my dad to watch the Rangers. Roaring crowds as I wore a baseball cap as my dad sat next to me with a box of popcorn in his hands. Nice and buttery, best kind of popcorn. Well, second right behind the stuff my mom pop-ed at home. Second best popcorn. Then there was the soda I would get. Soda, popcorn, hockey, and my dad. Can't get better than that. And now here I am, facing the Rangers. The team I used to watch as a kid. The team my dad and I cheered for in the stands. Starting as the young kid from upstate to being.....a professional hockey player. Doing what young girls and boys dream of. Getting to the big leagues. And starting out.......then getting to now. It's almost silly to look back and now look at where I am.

Again I'm probably just being sentimental. 

The bus is alive with laughter as someone cracks some shitty joke and roars spill back at it from this way and that. Laughter and chuckles make their way up into the air at the comments as I pull my eyes from the window and look to what's going on around me.Jiri is sitting in front of me and can't help but laugh then look back at me. The whole scene reminds me of Junior High. Bunch of kids on a bus.

I laugh a bit as I am able to catch some of the jokes and comments. All the while the lights of the city sparkle behind me. We're young and we all have such a bright future ahead, yet here we are.....almost living in a moment that reflects the past.

Though-.....maybe I'm just being sentimental. 

Zachary's P.O.V

It's fucking freezing outside. 

                                                --Fuck.

Standing at the corner of a large intersection, I cross my arms as the wind lets out a mighty blow. It shakes the nearby trees and sends the show that's pilled up on it down....right onto me. I'm covered. I'm cold. I'm tired.mRather far from the idea of happy, to say the least.