Chapter.5 Oh baby!

Chapter.5 Oh baby!

"Ten bucks it's a girl."

"You're on," Matt smiled.

Matt and I had been patiently waiting Evan and Christina's phone call. It's been about an hour since they left for the doctor's and I was finding it hard to sit still. There were plenty of things to do at Matt's house, but none of them were keeping my mind busy enough.

"Seriously, I can not wait any longer!" I sighed.

Matt just laughed at me, patting the spot next to him on the couch. I sat down and slumped my head against his shoulder. He had been watching some game on the TV. which seemed to keep his attention, but did nothing for mine.

"You're so impatient," he smiled, rubbing my hand.

I glared at him and sat up. "And you're not helping."

"What would you like me to do Nicole? Do you want me to call them and tell the doctors to work faster?" He chuckled, finding amusement in my agony. I guess this is how he would be passing the time. "Maybe if I call and tell them who I am?" He asked, sarcastically.

I just rolled my eyes until I decided to close them and take a nap. That plan didn't last too long since I couldn't stop thinking about my little God son or God daughter. I kicked Matt with my foot when he started to doze off and snore.

"What! What? I'm awake . . . what?" He jumped up, all flustered.

I laughed and crawled onto his lap when he sat back down. "You were snoring," I accused.

"Okay? So don't kick me! I almost pissed my pants, Nic," he augured and, to his credit, he was mad for a good ten seconds until he hugged me back and I softened him up.

"Seriously though--"

"Oh my God! Nicole! When they find out if it's a boy or a girl then they'll call us! Relax, okay?" He grunted, throwing his head back and then almost laughing at me as he saw my face. I was pouting at him and I must have looked like I was five years old.

"Want me to tell you about what it's like on the movie set?" He asked, trying to ease my suffering.

I nodded.

"Okay, so when we first get there, we will put all of our bags in the hotel room and we can go out for dinner at a really nice place I know and then go back to the room to sleep. The next morning we will head over to the set where I'll get my make up and wardrobe--"

I giggled. "You have to wear make up?"

He smiled. "Only real men can wear make up."

I rolled my eyes and told him to continue.

"And then you can sit with the producers and watch the magic happen," he said sarcastically.

"Will they mind me being there?" I wondered. Surely I'd get in the way somehow.

He shook his head. "No, you aren't the first fiance to stop by," he winked. "Actually, Travis Bass's girl came by last week."

My jaw dropped. "You're doing a movie with Travis Bass?"

"Oh yeah, Travy's a good friend," he shrugged, smirking.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, he's such a good friend I guess you just forgot to ever mention his name."

He laughed. "I don't name drop." Then he smirked at me. "Oh, I remember the days when I was the cool celebrity you drooled over."

"First of all, I'm not drooling over Travis Bass, and secondly, I never drooled over you, Mr. all mighty celebrity!" I laughed when he threw a pillow at me.

"Anyways," he smiled. "The movie hasn't even finished shooting yet so no one really knows all the details."

"So I'm on the inside now?" I smiled.

"You've always been on the inside. I just forget to tell you things," He chuckled.

Just then my cell phone rang and I didn't even have to check to see who it was. "Christina?"

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Matt shouted in the phone.

"It's a girl!" Christina yelped.

I flung my hands in the air, launching my phone on the floor and hugged Matt.

"Is it a boy or a girl? Nicole?" He asked, pealing me off of him to get an answer.

"Girl!" I grinned.

He smiled with me, hugging me again. "I guess I wouldn't mind a little god-daughter."

"And you owe me ten bucks!" I laughed.

"Yeah, yeah," he smiled.

I ran back over to my phone that had been flung on the floor and held it up to my ear. "Chris? You still there?" I asked.

"I'm still here!" She shouted, clearly overjoyed.

"Oh my God! So do you have any names?" I wondered.

She was shouting in the phone, hurting my ear drum, but it was fine. "Yes! I have tons! But, Evan and I are pulling down Matt's street right now, you're there right?"

"Yeah, come on in!" I smiled, all giddy and hung up. I bolted for the door and sure enough there they were, my pregnant best friend and my other best friend who knocked her up.

Evan quickly got out of the car and raced over to Christina's door to open it for her and help her out. There was no way she was getting out by herself. She's huge.

"Hey Nicole! Matt! It's going to be a girl!" Evan cheered, throwing his arms up in the air and the door that he was holding for Christina began to close and hit her arm.

"Ow!" She shouted and we all laughed. "Hello, very pregnant woman stuck in the car!"

Evan flung back around and held the door open again and helped her out. "Sorry!" He quietly chuckled, walking over to us with Christina right by his side. We all went into Matt's house and sat in the living room, going over every detail since they left for the doctor's appointment. I was wondering about the pain Christina was feeling at this point and what the ultrasound felt like, while Matt was asking Evan about what the baby looked like on the screen, to which Evan's response was . . .

"She looked like an alien."

"Can you please stop saying that our daughter looks like and alien, Evan? She doesn't." Chris sourly said.

"She does though," Evan smiled.

"No."

"Does too."

"She does not!" She shouted, her eyes glaring.

"I'd stop now buddy. Hormones," Matt warned and Evan nodded.

"So anyways . . ." I laughed. "Names?" I smiled to Christina, trying to change her mood.

She gleamed. "We have a bunch!"

----------------------------------------------------

SOoo sorry for the long wait!!!! But . . . its a GIRL!

What names would you like Christina and Evan to name their daughter???!!!!

Leave a comment and vote for a chapter of "Cali" and I'll look at your suggested name and possibly use your name!

Thanks!!!!!(: