Chapter.4 Welcome back

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! (:

Chapter.4 Welcome back

"Chris!" I Shouted, banging on the door to her house. "Christina! We're here to help!"

The door opened, but it was Christina who was behind it.

"Oh, Evan . . . what are you doing here?" I asked, taken off guard.

He looked at me suspiciously. "This is the house of my pregnant girlfriend. Did you maybe think I was visiting her?" He chuckled, letting me in.

I tried to laugh. I didn't want to blow the whole surprise party, Christina would kill me. She's put so much into the party planning, wanting everything to be perfect, that she was late for her last doctors appointment because she was on the phone with the caterer.

"Matt's in the car; he's on the phone for work, but go get him and tell him to come in. If you don't he'll probably stay out there for an hour. " I rolled my eyes.

Evan's eyes lit up. "Matty boys back! When did he get home?"

"Not that long ago. Don't worry Evan, I'm sure he missed you. Your bromance can continue." I smiled.

"Damn straight it will," he laughed, walking outside to the car.

I looked around the house for Christina, heading to the kitchen first. That's been her favorite place lately. She wasn't there so I headed to her room. The door was locked, but I could hear her inside.

"Christina? What are you doing?" I asked through the door.

I heard something fall and her swear before opening the door. "Hey, get in here." She pulled me in.

"What the hell . . ." I gasped.

Her room was a mess, papers everywhere, bags of inflated balloons, a big sign, and streamers. It looked like she threw a party on her bed.

"I know, I know. It's a mess, but Evan came to pick me up for my doctor's appointment and I had all of the party stuff in the living room. I had to grab everything and shove it in here so he wouldn't see. Now I'm trying to fit it all in my closet." She huffed.

"Okay . . . this is crazy. You're really going all out for this party," I laughed.

She sighed. "I really want it to be perfect for him."

I smiled, "I'll clean everything up when you guys leave for your doctor's appointment. When you get back it will be like nothing was here."

She squeezed me tight, "You're the best friend in whole world!"

"I know."

"Christina! Someone came to see you!" Evan shouted from downstairs.

"I swear if it's more Jehovah's witness that he doesn't feel like dealing with and he makes me talk to them, I will kill him," She muttered.

We both walked down stairs to see someone ducked behind Evan who had the biggest smile on his face. I already knew it was Matt, but Christina had no idea he was even home. Matt jumped out from behind Evan with his hands in the air.

"Ta da!" He laughed.

"Matt!" Christina smiled, walking as fast as she could to give him a hug. "When did you get back?"

"Oh just a few hours ago," he laughed. "Jeez, Chris, you look like you're about to pop out a kid right now."

I smacked my hand against my forehead. Sometimes he doesn't think before he speaks.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm huge. What else is new?" She rolled her eyes.

Matt laughed and then folded his arms. "So, there's been a question on my mind lately."

I stared at him. What was he about to say? Nothing about the party I hoped, I did tell him it was a surprise. Oh God . . .

"What?" Christina asked, questioning.

Matt finally cracked a smile. "Did you pick the God parents yet?" He winked.

I released the air I was holding in and let out a small laugh. "Yeah, Chris, did you?"

"Ugh," she grunted. "Well, I was going to take you guys out to lunch and surprise you, but since you asked I guess there's no way in avoiding the question. Yeah, congrats guys, Evan and I want you two to be the God parents!" She smiled.

"Woohoo!" Matt shouted, high- fiving and then chest bumping me. "Yeah Nicole we did it!" He laughed.

"Yeah, we beat out everyone else," I smiled.

Evan winked. "Well, it was either you or Natalia, Nicole. I really wanted Natalia but Christina felt bad-- Ouch! Kidding! Kidding!"

I punched him in the arm. Matt just laughed at me, pulling me back and giving me a reassuring hug.

"Very funny," I rolled my eyes.

Evan smiled, but then looked at his watch. "Oh man, we better get going Chris. Don't want to be late again."

"Oh yeah, are you guys going to see the sex of the baby today?" I wondered. I was more excited than anyone. I desperately wanted to know if I would have a little God son or God daughter.

"Yup! Today's the day . . . well I hope." Christina smiled.

"What's the percentage if they tell you today? Did they say?" I asked.

She nodded. "They said, like, ninety five percent, but I want it to be one hundred so--"

"So she's going to keep buying twice as many things just in case it doesn't turn out to be what were expecting. So basically she's trying to make me broke," Evan chuckled, squeezing her hand.

"Well, Nicole and I want to buy you guys the furniture. You know, the crib and high chair and stuff," Matt insisted.

I smirked. "Well, I'll be picking everything out and Matt will be paying."

"No-- well . . . yeah, I guess," Matt laughed.

"You guys really don't have to," Christina said seriously.

"We want to, really," Matt insisted.

"Well that's really nice of you guys, we really appreciate it, but we need to get to the doctors!" Evan shouted, pulling Christina to the door. "We'll see you guys later!" Then he turned to Matt before walking out. "Good to see you again man."

"You too buddy, call us when you find out!"

"You're first on our list!" Christina smiled, being toed out to the car.

Matt and I looked at each other and laughed at the fact Christina left us here at her house.

"Well, at least we don't have to set everything up today." He shrugged.

I just rolled my eyes and laughed at his very pleased expression.

 -------------------

HINT HINT...

If you just can't wait to know what the baby's name will be . . .

The first few chapters of "School with the Celebrity" were really fun to re-read . . .

THAT'S ALL I WILL SAY(;

Next chapter will be up in a few weeks(: