Chapter.8 Suspicions

I opened my eyes to see light peeking in the bedroom from the hallway. The door was cracked open, revealing a shadow and the sounds of quiet mummers not meant for everyone's ears. I slowly and groggily sat up in the over the top large king size bed, propping myself up on my arm. I blinked a few times, my vision getting a little clearer with each blink. I tried to focus in on the shadow and the voice, but it was difficult to understand anything that early in the morning. Six thirty in the morning. Saturday. Why? I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and craned my neck trying to see a little better.

"Yes . . . yes . . . mhm . . . I know that but . . . yes." Is all I heard from Matt.

It sounded as if he was making a business call from the hallway. But if he was, why was he doing it this early and not in the room? Was there a reason he didn't want me to hear? Just as my mind began to get away from me, I heard Matt end the phone call. He walked back into the room and I flung myself back in bed, under the covers.

"Matt?" I asked as he sat back in bed, trying to sound like I just woke up.

"Did I wake you up babe? I'm sorry," he whispered, placing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

I sat up, looking at him questioningly. "Did you go out somewhere?" I asked as I took in his appearance. He was wearing jeans, a button down shirt, and shoes.

He bit his lip and then smiled. "Yes actually. I just got back from picking out a present for Evan. I already wrapped it and put it away. I think you'll like it." He said. Somehow I wasn't very convinced, but I let it go. What would he have to lie about?

"Okay," I shrugged, actually getting out of bed this time. "Are you hungry? I'll make breakfast."

He chuckled, "Nicole, it's really early. Aren't you tired? You never get up this early unless you're forced."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "I can get up early if I want to. Besides, today's the day of Evan's party and I might as well get an early start."

Matt smirked, walking over to me, placing one hand on my waist and the other he used to brush back my hair from my neck. He began kissing up my collar bone.

"And I still have to make sure the food is delivered . . ."

He sighed. "Mhhh . . ."

"And the decorations . . ."

"Uh huh . . ." he moved to my neck.

"And the--" I lost my train of thought. "Matt! Seriously," I giggled. "I need to get going."

I could feel him smiling. "Whatever you want princess," he laughed.

I ended up making us eggs and toast. Matt scarfed his down with a large glass of Orange juice and I took my time, still half asleep.

"Are you in a hurry?" I asked, glancing over at his empty plate.

He shook his head ferociously. "No. Not in a hurry."

I nodded, skeptically. "Uh huh. So why are you eating like it's your first meal in a week?"

"I just really like your cooking. Can't a man enjoy his woman's food?" He smirked and then there was a pause. "But I do have some errands to run," he said with his head down, placing his plate and glass in the sink.

I hurried after him, not getting irritated. "Okay, but remember we have Evan's party!" I called after him as he walked out the door. "And we can not be late! Matt!"

"I hear ya," he smiled, calling back to me. "I'll be there," he said, sliding into his car. "Don't worry Nicole."

I rolled my eyes. It's hard not to worry when your fiance makes early morning phone calls fully dressed at six in the morning and won't tell you about them. And now, him hurrying up to get out of the house. I have no idea where he's going. 'Errands?' What the hell is going on? All I know is he better be at Evan's party tonight and not a minute too late. He's got some explaining to do.

------------------------------------------------------

Soooooo sorry it's so short but I needed to post another chapter!

I'll be posting a longer one next week!

-kristina