Chapter 16

After I told Luke I would go on a picnic with him, he was very happy. A smile was spread across his face and it looked as though nothing could tear him down. He wrapped me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

" Thank you Gorgeous. I will first prepare the picnic and then we shall leave. Bring a bathing suit. "

I smiled,  " Okay, see you in a few. "

He stood up, waved, and then left. There was a huge smile on my face as I got ready. My mate finally cared about me not just my position or stupid respect.

I put on a white and blue striped bikini with a black anchor in the corner. I pulled on a pair of jeans shorts and white tank top over it. Then I grabbed my phone slipped on some shoes, and walked towards the kitchen.

I didn't make it all the way before Xavier was running towards me,  " Ronnie, guess what, guess what? "  Xavier was jumping up and down with a huge smile on his face.

I said crazily, " A pink hippo fell from the sky, bounced off a trampoline and into the ocean. " (A. N.  I heard this somewhere but I don't remember where so just know I didn't come up with it.)

Xavier's smile faltered and he said very confused now,  " Um no. I was going to say that Kale was taking me out tonight to my favoritetest place ever. "

" And where is that? "

At that moment Kale and Luke came into my view. Xavier said,  " Well my favorite place is actually in Alpha Luke's office, don't tell him I said that. I like it cuz my daddy used to go in there all the time cuz he was friends with Alpha Luke's dad. But we aren't going in there, we are actually going to Chuck E. Cheeses. Zander is gonna come with. Kale said it's a sorry gift cuz he hit me. I already forgived him though cuz I said bad things. Maybe I should give him a sorry gift. What do you think I should give him? "

Luke interrupted at that moment, " Xavier, you know that you can come to my office any time you want. "

" Really? Just like my daddy did? I could learn more bout him. "

Kale looked pained but came over and wrapped Xavier in a hug. " Hey, you know you can talk to me whenever you need to about dad right? I can tell you anything you want to know. "

Xavier started crying,  " But you never want to play or talk when anybody is by us. You just pretended to be mean last time when Justin was playing with me. And whenever I wanted to play with mommy or talk about daddy you looked mad so I stopped asking. "

Kale looked like he had been punched in the face. I said, " Kale, can I talk to you tomorrow? "

" Yes Luna. Of course. "

" Bye guys have fun Xavier. "

" Bye Ronnie, bye Alpha Luke. "

He said with a wave,  " Bye. "

We walked out of the door and towards a black SUV. Luke asked me,  " Would you prefer to drive or walk? "

" Ooooo can I really drive? "

He looked at me in shock and said hesitantly,  " Now I don't mean any disrespect when I say this but it is my job to drive not yours. "

I growled and he gave me a warning look. " Respect Veronica, please. "

" You know I might give you respect if you respected me at all. "

" I give you your due respect as a pack member. "

" Excuse me but I am your mate not just any random pack member. I deserve respect as such. "

" When you start acting like my mate and Luna you will receive respect as such now get in the car I have made up my mind. "