Chapter 15

We were sitting at the ice cream place when Hayden walked in. He looked around and then quickly walked towards us.

Xavier smiled,  " Hey Hayden. "

" Hey Xavier, how are you? "  Hayden said while high fiving Xavier.

" I'm good, this is my friend Zander and my big friend Ronnie. "

" I've met your big friend before. Hey Veronica. " He actually smiled at me.

" Hello Hayden, care to join us for some ice cream? "

" Sure, hey Zander. Remember me? "

Hayden was smiling again and Zander answered,  " Yes sir. "

I raised my eyebrows and Hayden answered my unasked question." Zander's father is really strict. He is a pack protector so he obviously is big on the respect rule. "

" Got it. Now why are you here? "

" Well, I was walking home when Alpha Luke stopped me and asked if I could come find you and tell you to go get ready for your date but then I remembered how bad I treated you last time we talked so I decided to talk to you instead. "

" Well as long as you are here, how is my sister? "

" Good, she misses you, regrets the fight. "

" Yeah well we all regret something anyway, I must get going. "

I turned to Xavier,  " Hey, I will see you later. "

" Bye big friend. "

I laughed,  " Bye small friend, bye Zander is hope to see you soon. "

" Good bye Luna. "

I smiled and then walked towards the pack house. When I finally made it to my room I saw Luke sitting on my bed.

When he saw me he smiled and said,  " Hello Gorgeous. "

" Hi. "

" Do you want to come sit with me for a minute? "

I hesitantly asked, " Why? "

He looked at me as if saying don't ask, just sit. I went over to him and sat down. He immediately put his arm around my shoulders.

" I am sorry. "

" For what? "

" Being a terrible mate. I should never have laid my hands on you the first time we met, I should not have been so demanding, I never should have put you in confinement, forced you to tell me about your father and then leave. I shouldn't of hurt you, at all, and I did, multiple times. "

It meant a lot to me that he was apologizing. He was looking me in the eye and I could tell just how much he cared for me. Without thinking I leaned forward and so did he. We kissed and it just wasn't any kiss, it was magical.

His lips were so soft and gentle. Our lips moved in sink like a melody. He licked my bottom lip asking permission, which I declined. No real reason just for the sake of making him mad. He groaned and pulled away, " That was an amazing first kiss. However, beautiful, I am always allowed to do what I want with you so when I ask for permission to enter your mouth you grant it. "

I laughed, " We will see. "

He looked me in the eyes again,  " The point of me apologizing wasn't just to kiss you, I shouldn't have kissed you back. I promise I meant my apology. "

" Hey calm down, I forgive you and don't ever decline my kisses for it to get to do as I wish with you. "

He mock saluted,  " Yes ma'am. "

I giggled,  " I like the playful, nice side of you. "

" I'm glad. " He said this with a huge smile on his face

I smiled back at him and grabbed a hold of his hand. He pulled my hand to his mouth and kissed it gently. " Veronica, would you like to join me on a picnic tonight? "

I smiled,  " I would love nothing more. "

And I wouldn't. Now it seems stupid how fast my opinion of him changed but there is no way to explain it besides the fact that I love him. Maybe having a mate isn't such a bad thing.

★★★★★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They are finally a 'couple.' Don't worry though everything isn't sun shine and daisies yet. More drama to come! Next chapter will be the date where new information is released and things get kind of close in the love department.

Comment opinions! I have like 5 very good readers who have voted and commented A LOT!    Thank you all though at 1.8 k readers so no complaints there.

~Autumn