Chapter 7

I tried opening my eyes but I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried. I was stuck in my head, I couldn't hear or see anything. Eventually, however, I got them opened but was quick to close them as the light was so bright.

A couple of minutes later I reopened my eyes and adjusted to the light. I looked around to see that I was still in a cell. That confused and angered me. My mate obviously didn't even care about me and as soon as he could, he dropped me back off. The thought itself brought tears to my eyes and I ended up crying.

There was a monitor next to me that started beeping like crazy and soon a doctor rushed in. " Hey you need to calm down. "

I kept crying and soon the doctor gave me a shot of something that almost immediately knocked me out. I woke up again sometime later but I did not know how much time had passed. When I woke up this time Joey was sitting there.

I tried to smiled, " Hey Joey. "

He didn't return my smile and said in a monotone voice,  " The alpha says to hurry up and get dressed. You will he attending school this morning and you will go to training afterwards. He said to tell you that if you step out of line once even a little snide comment, you will be sorry. That is all here are your clothes."

He handed me an outfit, I already had tears in my eyes from how cold he was treating me but I took the clothes and he left. I put on the clothes which were a pair of black leggings and a lime green tee shirt. There was also a pair of lime green and black running shoes. I finished putting on my clothes and then saw that there was some more discusting looking food with a note next to it.

It read,

Veronica,
I expect you to eat all of your food. It is the only food you will receive since my pack isn't good enough to give you decent food. You're little stunt of trying to kill yourself didn't work. You are expected to train after school, then come back here to the cell.

-Luke

New tears formed in my eyes. How could he be so cold? I got up with a new thought. I wouldn't get in trouble today because I wasn't going to talk or eat or do anything because I was done caring. If my own mate didn't care why should I?

Someone I didn't know unlocked the cell door and said gruffly, " My name is Vincent, I am your new guard. Let's go, it's time to leave. "

I followed him without saying anything at all. Eventually we made our way outside where Luke was standing. He glared at me and said,  " You better not get into any trouble today, Veronica or else you will pay for it. Vincent, remember whatever she does reflects on you. "

" Yes alpha. She won't get away with anything. "

He led me to a black SUV, I got in and we headed towards the school. He didn't try to talk to me and I didn't try either so we sat in silence. He didn't even turn on the radio.

When we pulled into the school he said,  " You will do as I tell you and you will not speak unless spoken to. I am Matts older brother, so I already dislike you, don't push it. " 

I nodded and hopped out. Everyone stared, I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the school. Soon Dani came running towards me. " Ronnie, are you okay? "

She looked upset, like she hadn't eaten in days and hasn't slept either.  I saw a boy come up behind her and pick her up. Dani giggled and the boy said,  " Hello Vincent, good to see you. "

" Hello Hayden. "

" Who is this Daniela? "

" Hayden, what have I told you about calling me that? "