Chapter 14

We decided to walk to the ice cream shop so here we were on our way. Xavier was a little happier but he was still really upset. I nudged him,  " Hey,  what's wrong? "

" I'm just scared. Alpha Luke is going to kill me with his bare hands. "

" Do you want to go talk to Luke before we go get ice cream? "

He looked at me and said shakily,  " Yes please. Then I can just get it over and done with. "

I turned around and Xavier followed me. As we got closer to the meeting hall, Xavier grabbed onto my hand. I could feel him shaking and I said,  " I will be right with you, the whole time. "

He smiled, a very small smile but it was there. I opened the door and made my way towards where I assumed the meeting was being held. Xavier whispered, " Well shouldn't interrupt Ronnie. "

" I shouldn't do a lot of things, but I do. "

He just nodded his head. I got to the door and just walked in. No knocking or warning whatsoever. Everyone looked at me and I smiled then looked at Luke.

" Excuse me Luke, can I have a moment with you? "

" I am in the middle of a meeting Veronica. Can it wait? "

" Obviously your in a meeting and it could wait but hey look at the time. Hey everyone, break time! Now shoo. "

Luke shook his head in amusement as everyone left. When Kale was passing by, Xavier looked down. Kale looked hurt by the action but continued on hid way.

Luke asked quietly,  " Hey, how are you feeling? "

" Great but I brought Xavier with me to talk to you. I guess he was told by you or Kale or something to come discuss the events of yesterday or whenever. "

Luke looked sympathetic but he still let his strict voice out,  " Awww yes. Sit down Xavier. "

Xavier sat down and started twiddling his thumbs. Staring at his lap, not looking at Luke.

Luke said, " Hey, Xavier look at me. "

Xavier hesitantly looked up, obeying alphas order.

Luke said in a more sympathetic voice,  " Now Xavier I can tell you are upset and beating yourself up about what you said. This will go unpunished, this time. I just want you to know that your father would be very proud of both you and Kale so never tell Kale he disappointed your father. Kale has done a lot more for you then you know. Remember that. "

" Yes sir. I didn't mean it, I promise. I really don't know why I said that. "

" You shouldn't have, now calm down, I'm not going to hurt you. How about you go speak with Kale? He is in the hallway. "

" Yes alpha. "

Xavier started walking out and I said,  " Hey, Xavier, I'm going to talk to Luke. When I am done we will leave. You can bring a friend or someone if you want. "

Xavier's face lit up. " Sweet! Zander is going to be so excited! "

I turned to Luke, " Thank you for being nice to him. He was really nervous and usually you treat him like an adult instead of a child. "

" No need to thank me. His father was a great man. He died for this pack and I will make sure his sons are raised right. Though,  I definitely didn't raise Kale. "

I giggled at the thought.

I smiled and said,  " So I'm going to go find Xavier and this Zander dude. "

" Wait, I have a question first. "

Luke had suddenly become very fidgety and nervous. I hesitantly asked,  " Yes? "

" Do you want to go on a date with me tonight? "

" Like a real date? "

" As real as it gets. "

" Hmmm like what kinda date? "

" It's a surprise. "

" Well since you are obviously already planning the date I will go. "

" Awww thanks gorgeous. "

I smiled. We were getting along, for once. I always wanted a mate that one hundred percent loved me and we were making progress.

Luke had gotten more serious, " Veronica, I hope you know that I really do care for you. I have a hard time listening to others and I just get confused sometimes. I never meant to hurt you or for you to end up in the hospital. "

He looked really guilty so I quickly reassured him,  " It wasn't your fault, completely. I forgot to eat and drink anything. It just kind of slipped my mind. "

" I will make sure that you never forget again. "

We had ended up holding hands when all of the people from the meeting walked in. I saw Ollie and Spencer and that Hayden kid. I also saw Vincent and Matthew.

I quickly asked,  " Why wasn't I invited to this shindig? "

Luke answered,  " I didn't know you would be interested in coming or else I would have asked you. "

" I probably wouldn't be, just wondering. Well peace everyone, I am gonna go chill with Xavier and his friend. "

I didn't even finish the sentence when Xavier came running in with a huge smile across his face, dragging a small boy behind him.

He didn't really look anywhere he just screamed happily,  " Ronnie this is Zander, he is in my school! Zander this is Ronnie, she is my bug friend. "

Kale said strictly,  " Xavier, you need to watch what you interrupt. "

Xavier looked around, " Oops, sorry everyone. Sorry Alpha Luke. "

Luke was smiling,  " Your fine, go hang out with your big friend. "

I scoffed,  " Your fatter than me. I'm gonna start calling you fatty. "

" You will not. "

" I am. " I sang in a sing song voice.

I winked," keep telling yourself that fatty. "

Then I hauled it out of there.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Hope you love it! Comment opinions! :)

~ Autumn