Chapter 13

Veronica's POV :

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. It was not the bathroom I had spent the last week in and it definitely wasn't my bedroom. This room was very sterile looking with almost all white walls. The bedding was green. I was really confused and even more so when someone walked in wearing a white doctors coat. What in the world?

" Hello Veronica, I am Dr. Ben. You are in the pack hospital which is right next door to the pack house. How are you feeling? "

" To be honest confused, very very confused. "

"Understandable, well you see when Alpha Luke arrived back home he went up to your room and we'll I really don't know what happened but soon Beta Spencer called me and I came to find you very close to death."

I gave a fake laugh. " Yeah, I wasn't in the best condition."

" I won't question you in your reasons for its not my place and by Alpha Luke's response to the whole situation, I am sure you will be questioned enough as it is. However, being the doctor I do need to tell you why you are here and what you need to do in order to assure this does not happen again. "

" Lay it on me doc. "

" Okay well you are in here from dehydration and malnutrition. You haven't eaten or drank anything in almost a month. Definitely not healthy, so I had to pump some water into your body and food through an IV tube. You need to eat three meals, every day, no matter what. "

" Yes sir. "  I mock saluted him.

He gave a small laugh. " You are quite the character Veronica. Now you see free to leave. I had Alpha Luke fill out the release papers. He said to let you know that he wants you to go straight to the pack house and go to your room. He said it was the one you were in the other day and that he will be staying in a guest room. When you get to your room there will be a note on your bed. Read it. "

" Well obviously you read a letter put on your bed. " I rolled my eyes for affect.

Doctor Ben said,  " Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I was told to tell you all of this. What you do once you leave is someone else's problem. "

"Hey I am not a problem. "

" Sure you aren't. "  I knew he was kidding because he was smiling.

I crossed my arms and fake pouted. " Get outta here Veronica. "

I stood up and mock saluted again,  " Yes sir. "

I skipped out of the door and to my room. I found the note on my bed. It read :

Dear Veronica,

I left you some cash in an envelope on the desk. Do with it what you wish. However, I feel the need to inform you that Xavier has had a rough couple of days. Maybe the two of you could go out for ice cream or a movie? He, I believe, I'd home alone at the moment. Kale is with me and Linda should be with my mother.

I am at a meeting about patrols right now. When I get home later we will go out, if you want. Either way we need to talk. Please have fun and be safe. And even though I am letting you out alone (mostly because your guards are at the meeting with me) I still have people making sure you are safe so don't worry too much.

~Luke

Wow. He is letting me out on my own. Even though he made it pretty clear that I should take Xavier with me. I will, he is so cute and I haven't seen him in a week. I hurried up and jumped in the shower. I put on a pair of red skinny jeans and a black tank top. I threw my hair into a ponytail and put on a little bit of make up. I also threw on my black Jordans.

After I was all dressed, I skipped towards the door and over to Xavier's house. I kind of maybe lost my phone somewhere. I might of even left it in my old house. Who knows?

I knocked on the door and Xavier answered it. He had a black eye and a bruise on the side of his face. I immediately pulled him into a hug.

" What happened? "

" I got in trouble, a couple of times. "

" Who hurt you? I will kill them. "

" Veronica, I deserved it. I said some really dumb things. "

He started crying. I rubbed his back and said,  " Hey let's go sit down and talk about it. "

" Okay. " We sat down on his couch where he said,  " After my fight with Kale the other day, I ran. I just kept running and eventually fell asleep somewhere in the woods. When I woke up I kept walking, I don't know where I was going, but I was leaving. Kale found me and immediately slapped me saying I had scared mom and I needed to be more thoughtful. "

I handed him a Kleenex and headed continued,  " Well then I said that it was all dad's fault. If he's wouldn't of died, I wouldn't have to listen to Kale and I would never have run in the first place. Kale told me to shut up, warned me I was crossing the line. I didn't listen and went on to say that Kale was pathetic and headed would make dad disappointed. He got really angry and told me I need to learn much place. Then, he punched me. I hit him back, I don't really know why, I just did. We kept arguing but both of us were stopped by Beta female Ollie. Who sent other wolves to escort us home. Me and Kale haven't talked since. "

He was crying a lot by now he stuttered out,  " And... Now I have to...... To talk to Alpha..... Cuz I am in trouble. "

" Who told you that? "

" My mom told me.... This morning..... He is going... To talk to me.... After his.... His meeting. "

I wrapped my arms around him. " How about I go with you? I can sit with you and make sure Luke is reasonable. "

" You would do that even after how mean I was? "

" Yes, I would. Now how about you go get dressed and we can go out for some ice cream? "

" Deal. "

He ran to his room and came back a couple of minutes later. Dressed nicely and ready to go.

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→

Hope you enjoyed! I promise to update tomorrow. Comment opinions!

~ Autumn