Dante's plan

Chapter 11

It was day six which meant one more day until they would finally reach the Black Bone Mountains. Just one more day of Zhalia and Hana’s torturous singing. Oh wait…there’s the week when they had to make the trip back to the midnight pack village. Dante groaned.  Looks like God really hated him.

“The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen.” Zhalia started off.

“A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I’m the queen.” Hana sang the next line.

“The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside.” Zhalia smiled at Hana.

“Couldn’t keep it in, heaven knows I’ve tried.” Hana returned the smile.

“Don’t let them in, don’t let them see. Be the good girl you always have to be.” Zhalia stopped and Hana started her line.

“Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know…well now they know!” Hana took a deep breath before she sang the chorus with Zhalia.

“Let it go, let it go.

 Can’t hold it back anymore.

 Turn away and slam the door

I don't care

What they're going to say

Let the storm rage on.

The cold never bothered me anyway!” Zhalia and Hana both finished with a smile.

“Are you two done yet? Please tell me you are!” Dante butted in with a pained expression and his hands over his ears.

The girls just giggled before opening their mouth to sing another song.

“No!” Dante ran away screaming as his girls followed him, singing the Barbie girl song.

----An hour later----

Dante sighed in relief. The girls were currently sleeping, both of them were cuddled into his side and he had his arms around both of their shoulders. The singing had thankfully stopped. He shuddered in horror when he remembered how the girls had knocked him to the ground and sat on top of him, singing any and every song they could think of. It was a nightmare.

 They had found a hollow tree to sleep in since night had fallen. He looked out of the tree they were in. It was raining heavily. The tree was tall and full of leaves that didn’t let any drops of rain in. Dante was thankful for that; they were at the bottom of the tree in the hollow. It was quite uncomfortable; he had to bend down just to get inside. He was sitting down but he still had to bend his neck to stop his head from hitting the wood above. He was getting a cramp.

He was sitting in a cross legged position so that his legs wouldn’t poke out which would give them away to their enemies, just another disadvantage of being tall. He looked at his girls with envy. They were relaxed and comfortable, tucked under his arms. He sighed. The wind howled outside bringing Dante’s attention back to the weather. The rain was not being blown into the hollow so they were quite dry. Dante definitely wouldn’t be going to sleep anytime soon so he used the time to think.

I’m going to be at the Black Bone Mountains tomorrow which will mean fighting the rogues. I wonder if my uncle will be there…

I’ll kill him! He’s the reason why my parents are dead, back-stabbing jerk!

I need to complete the mission so I can join the midnight wolf pack, they are the strongest wolves and they’ll help me find my brother…