A peek into the past

(A:N Picture of a part of Shiori's place. Enjoy the chapter! ^-^)

Chapter 3

Zhalia rolled over in her sleep before yelping loudly as she fell off her bed.

“Wait! I’m awake! Huh? Aw man…I fell off my bed again!” She pouted as she picked herself up and rubbed the back of her head. That hurt!

Rubbing her eyes, she opened her curtains and immediately sunlight bathed her room with its blinding rays.

“Argh! My eyes, they’re on fire!” Zhalia clutched her eyes and screamed.

Her door banged open and Kaidan stormed in. “Will you shut up! It’s 7am and some of us are trying to sleep!” He glared at his sister who was pathetically rolling on the floor, clutching her eyes and moaning in pain.

Sighing in frustration, he walked over to Zhalia and pulled her to her feet and held her steady whilst her eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight.

“Oh thanks Kaidan, I’m feeling better now”, she smiled at him before doing a double take, “what happened to your nose? It looks kind of…squished for a lack of better words.”

Her brother’s eyebrow twitched in annoyance. “Someone made me run into a wall last night…”

“Who was it? The idiot should be apologising to you”, Zhalia’s eyes suddenly widened as she realised who Kaidan was talking about, “erm never mind!” She quickly shoved a peeved Kaidan out of her room, yelling about going for a morning run.

That was awkward…anyway Zhalia quickly changed into a plain purple shirt and black jeans and ran a brush through her raven black hair until all the tangles were gone and it shone brilliantly in the morning sunshine. Satisfied with her appearance, she ran to her father’s office to tell him that she was going for a morning run.

Opening the office door, Zhalia stepped inside and looked at her father before taking a step back. Her father looked up at her with dead eyes; pen in hand poised over a paper. “What is it Zhalia?” he murmured hoarsely looking like a zombie. His hair was sticking up in all directions due to him running his hand through it countless times during the night and he had dark purple bags under his eyes.

“Um…I came to tell you that I’m going for a morning run and since you look so…busy I’ll leave now.” Zhalia backed out of her father’s office, thoroughly disturbed. Who knew paperwork could reduce even the alpha to a zombie like state in one night!

Shaking away the disturbing image of her father, she raced down the stairs and to the entrance, quickly grabbing her trainers and putting them on, she wrenched the door open and slammed it shut behind her in her haste to get away from the house. She’d come back once her family was awake properly. Her brother and father were obviously not morning people but she was. She always woke up early and took a run before going to her place and watching the sun rise.

Her place was a beautiful, mystical place that only she knew about. Stretching, Zhalia grinned at the sky, it always made her feel so small compared to its vastness.

Unfortunately the sun was already up since she woke a bit late which meant that she couldn’t watch the sunrise but if she came back after her run at night then she might be able to catch the sun set. After finishing her stretching, she shifted into her wolf with raven black fur and sparkling amethyst purple eyes.

She bounded into the forest joyfully. She ran in deeper and deeper, loving the thrill of the speed she went at. Her fur blew back with the wind and her eyes came alive. She howled as she ran, feeling the earth awakening in her wake. Birds chirped cheerfully and the wind lovingly caressed the trees, making their branches sway from side to side.