TS&TBHB 20

Well this chapter took longer to get up then I expected. I apologize for the wait! It just seems that lately I haven't have the motivation to write at all which is weird...

Vote

Comment

Fan

**************************

The following morning I woke up and found another note sitting in my room. This time it was placed on the pillow beside me. It was just Xavier letting me know that he had a meeting that he had to attended again this morning and when he got back from the office we would do the drawing. I was actually pretty excited to do it since he was a really good artist. At least if things don’t go well with the company he could always fall back on Art or Cooking. For all I knew there were tons more that he could do better then anyone else I know. 

I went through my morning routine still giddy. The smile that I had woken up with stayed on my face even as I brushed my teeth. My phone was ringing off the hook so I finished up in the bathroom and skipped back to my room. Yes, I skipped! Picking up my phone I saw that it was Liam. I swear that guy had no life.

“Good morning, Liam.” I answered 

“Morning, Mallory!” he exclaimed “Open the door.”

“What? Why would I open the door?” I asked confused 

“Because Cole and I are standing outside looking like a two idiots.” he replied 

“You don’t have to be standing outside to be looking like an idiot, you already are one.” I mumbled walking toward the front door.

“That hurts Mallory, that really does.” he cried sounding like I had really, truly hurt his feelings.

I rolled my eyes and cut the call. As I got closer to the front door I could hear Liam ‘crying’ on the other side of the door. He was saying something about how I didn’t love then any more because I hung up the phone. He could be so melodramatic sometimes it was unbelievable. I could just picture him gripping his chest as he stared at Cole with wide, sad eyes. Opening the door my thoughts were proven correct and I choked back a laugh. He was so predictable. 

“Morning sweetheart” Cole smirked

“Everyone really needs to stop calling me that.” I huffed opening the door wider so they could come in. 

“I think it suits you.” Liam shrugged following behind Cole. 

Rolling my eyes I closed and locked the front door. Usually I wouldn’t bother locking a door during the day if I was home but, now, I would be always doing it. Never know what those vultures might do just to get a picture or something else they could use to exploit my life. As if they hadn’t done enough of that yesterday. Before I had even fully closed the door I already spotted a few lingering cars on the street that I knew didn’t belong to any of our neighbors. 

“So, to what do I owe this visit?” I asked walking into the kitchen where Cole and Liam were.

“We were bored.” they answered in unison.

“Don’t the either of you have lives or, I don’t know. . .jobs to get to?” I asked eyeing them both

“Yes, to both.” Cole nodded “Like Xavier we both work for our families companies.”