TS&TBHB 16

Next chapter and sorry for the wait...hope you like it =)

Vote

Comment

Fan

**********************

With the scene my mother had caused long forgotten everyone went back to having a good time. I never thought that wealthy people could have so much fun. All the parties I had ever gone to growing up were so stuffy and formal. Sure, the wedding and reception was a formal event but, it was so much more fun. I think Liam and Cole were to thank for that. They made sure everyone was having a good time. 

My feet were starting to ache from being on the dance floor for so long. After I had danced with Xavier again I was passed off to his father. From then on I wasn’t sure who I was dancing with. I think it was safe to say that I had danced with just about every male in attendance. They were all either old enough to be my father or grandfather. Xavier (I was sure) made it so I wouldn’t be dancing with anyone around his age or mine unless it was Liam or Cole. I even had a few dances with Maria.

After my latest dance I excused myself and walked over to the nearest chair. Plopping down I lifted the hem of my dress and bent forward to remove my heels. After tonight I wasn’t going to be wearing stilettos for a very long time. Or at least until I could get a nice long foot rub. 

“I’ll get that,” Xavier said sitting on the chair next to me and lifting me feet onto his lap.

“I’m not hopeless, I could’ve done that myself.” I said but making no move to stop him.

“So, about the honeymoon,” he said ignoring my comment. “It’s going to have to wait till at least spring break. Don’t need you missing school so close to graduation.”

“Sounds good to me,” I sighed as my feet were freed from those wretched things called shoes.

The things we women do to look good. 

“I don’t know how you all do it.” he chuckled

“Do what?” I asked

“Wear these things,” he replied holding up my shoes.

“They’re cute,” I shrugged 

“They’re cute? More like an accident waiting to happen.” he muttered

I laughed “Only when I’m trying to walk down some stairs in them, that’s when I have a problem.”

I stretched out my feet and wiggled my toes which were still on his lap. Boy did they feel so much better. I should’ve brought a pair of sneakers along to change into after our pictures. 

“You up for more dancing?” he asked 

“As long as I don’t have to put those things on again I can dance all night.” I said tossing my heels onto the chair I was just sitting on.

Grabbing Xavier’s hand I led him back to the dance floor. The music was upbeat and it looked like most of the guest were also dancing the night away. I saw from the corner of my eye, my dad spinning Maria around in circles. I smiled as I remembered how he used to do that with me when I was a little girl. Maybe now Maria would have a better childhood as long as my father see’s clearly and get’s rid of that witch he calls a wife.