TS&TBHB 18

My apologises for the long wait! But, here is the next chapter...

**********************

 As promised Liam took me to get something to eat after we left the school. I had opted for Jack in The Box because I was dying to try the new Java Cookie shake and I was not disappointed. I swear I died and went to heaven when I took the first sip. I had also gotten a large Bacon Ultimate Cheese Burger meal with curly fries which earned me a shocked look from Liam. I think I rendered him speechless when I had relayed my order. I shrugged it off, the look he had given me made me think that he had never seen a girl eat before. 

When we pulled up to Chase Inc. I was stunned. The building was at least twice the size of the one my father’s company was based out of. Why the heck would one such a huge building? I guess when you’re a billionaire the bigger the better. Cole had pulled up next to us not long after and waited with Liam as I continued to gawk at the building in front of me. When I was finally able to pry my eyes away from the building I got out of the car. Liam and Cole grabbed my school bag and food. I was too busy sipping away at my shake and munching on my fries to bother with carrying the bags. 

If I thought that the building was amazing on the outside I was in awe when we entered the oversized lobby. It was littered with people dressed in fancy business suits heading toward the elevators while other people were . . . well I don’t really know where they were going. There were two security guards sitting at the front desk and two more checking the ID’s of people wanting to go upstairs. 

“Hey Clarence,” Cole grinned at one of the older security guards checking ID’s.

“Mr. Evers, Mr. Sims, Miss . . . ”

“Mrs., Mrs. Chase.” Liam corrected making my roll my eyes. 

“Mrs. Chase?” Clarence questioned looking between me and the two idiots that I was with.

Clarence looked like one of those men who had been in his particular line of work for a while. 

“This the girl that Xav got married too over the weekend.” Cole said 

“Please, call me Mallory,” I smiled adjusting the things in my hands. Holding out a free hand Clarence took it and shook. “It’s very nice to meet you, Clarence.”

“It’s pleasure to meet you as well, Mallory.” He smiled 

“Okay then, let’s go on up. Xav should be out of his meeting soon.” Liam said 

I followed them into a crowded elevator and then we were off to the top floor. It took forever to get to the top since we had to stop at almost every other floor along the way. I made a mental note to never come back here unless it was absolutely necessary. When I did come, I was making sure that it wasn’t at the start of day or during lunch. 

“Finally,” I breathed when we reached the top floor. I was tempted to kiss the floor because I was so happy to be out of the elevator. 

“It wasn’t that bad,” Cole chuckled

“Maybe not for you but, I prefer not to be stuck in an elevator for that long.” I huffed “Can we just get to wherever we’re going?”

“This way ma’am,” Liam grinned with a little bow before leading the way. 

I rolled my eyes and followed him down the hall which opened into a little waiting area. There was a desk sitting beside a door which I assumed led to Xavier’s office. A very young, very attractive woman was sitting behind the desk. I briefly wondered if Xavier had any type of relation with her. I wouldn’t doubt it.  He isn’t nicknamed the Billionaire Heart Breaker for anything.