Part 11

As of right now, a bunch of us are fighting off a group of Mechs and Skitters. I’m behind a column along with Ben and Allie shooting as best as I can at the Skitters coming towards. We’ve been at it for a while now but so far we’re winning. There are a couple dozen Skitters and quite a few Mechs all surrounding us.

            Ben told me that the Volm were going to try out their new weapon against the beamers when they came so I’m just patiently waiting for them. Just as we finish off the Mechs and Skitters, I look up to see clouds of blue coming from the beamers that are now destroyed. Everyone yells and celebrates but only shortly because we’re all so exhausted from the fight.

            I pick up my gun and go straight to my room to fall asleep. I know Ben probably won’t be there because they will probably need his super strength to help clean up. Once I reach the room, I drop everything in my arms and go straight to the bed; not caring that I still have all my clothes on. I cuddle underneath the covers and slowly fall into a deep sleep.

            The next day, I wake up with my head pounding at around 11 o’clock. Everyone else had gone out to go clean up the area of the fight last night but instead of doing that, I decide to go check on Anne and Lexi. Yeah, that seems like a less painful job. Just as I start walking down the hallway towards their room, I run in to Lourdes.

            “Hey is Anne in her room?” I ask her turning to face her. She stops walking and does the same.

            “Yeah she is. She’s with Lexi right now.” Lourdes tells me. I say thanks and walk to the room. Quietly, I open the door and knock hoping that Lexi isn’t asleep.

            “Hey Anne,” I say walking in. Anne is holding Lexi in her arms and patting her back trying to sooth her.

            “Hi Kali.” She says smiling at me. I walk in and close the door behind me.

            “How are you two?” I ask walking up to them. She lays Lexi back in the small crib and we both look down at her.

            “We’re fine. We’re both fine. How about you?” Anne asks looking sideways at me with her hands on her hips.

            “Great, just uh been really tired lately.” I say clearing my throat.

            “You aren’t sick are you?” Anne asks me sitting on the bed and looking up at me.

            “Not that I know of. You really think I would risk getting little Lexi sick?” I say leaning down and making a face at Lexi. She laughs her cute little baby laugh which makes both Anne and I giggle.

            “No that wouldn’t be like you.” Anne says. We’re both just admiring Lexi who is just staring at us giggling.

            “Can I hold her please?” I ask looking at Anne. She nods and pick up Lexi in my arms. She’s so small. Yeah I know she’s only a few days old but she’s still really small. And holding her in my arms just makes her seem ten times smaller.

            “She’s adorable Anne. She looks exactly like you, too.” I say still staring at Anne.

            “Thanks.” Anne says. Lexi yawns and of course mama bear comes to the rescue. “Alright nap time.” Anne says taking Lexi from my arms. She lies her down in the little bed and almost instantly Lexi is out like a light bulb.

            “Well I’m gonna go get some lunch. Would you like me to bring you something back or anything?” I say walking towards the door.

            “No I’m fine. Thanks though.” Anne says. I nod and make my way towards the lunch room. Today they’re serving what looks like ham sandwiches. Well that’s better than most of the time. I take a plate full of food and make my way towards a clear table. I usually like sitting alone when I don’t come with anyone. It’s just how I am you know.

            “Hey loser whatcha doing here all alone?” Someone says. I look up to see Lourdes and Allie sit down in front of me with their own plates of food.

            “Oh you know, just the regular loser stuff.” I say grinning. They laugh and we all sit down and eat our food. Halfway through our conversation about something useless, I look over across the room and see Denny staring at me. Quickly, I look away and back at Allie and Lourdes.

            “You guys, Denny is over there staring me down. Don’t look.” I say trying not to move my lips so much. They just nod and continue eating.

            “Why is she looking at you?” Lourdes asks.

            “Kali thinks Denny likes Ben and you know what happens when girls get jealous.” Allie says looking between us.

            “It’s pretty obvious though.” I say looking down at my plate.

            “Yeah I guess you sorta can tell. She’s always wanting to be around him, always talking to him.” Lourdes says moving her spoon back and forth.

            “Yeah.” I say laying my own spoon on the table.

            “Kali, you have nothing to worry about. He won’t fall for her.” Allie says trying to reassure me. I’ve never been the really jealous type but when I am, I take it hard. I don’t go in like total bitch mode but I take it in a depressing matter.

            “I guess.” I say not convinced. After lunch, we all go our own ways and I make mine towards my room hoping to find Ben. I need to tell him about Denny and find out whether or not he notices. Fortunately, I run into him in the hallway.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Here's part 11!(: Please give feedback! 57 votes/comments/reads/shares for part 12!

www.twitter.com/fangirlmode4 (my twitter)

www.tumblr.com/fangirlmode4 (my tumblr)