Part 5

“Kali, Matt says Anne’s having the baby.” Allie says barging in. I jump up, totally forgetting to mark my page, and we run to the infirmary where we meet the Mason boys in the hallway.

“Is it true? Is Anne having the baby?” I ask them. They just shrug and we run to the room where they’re holding Anne.

“Did we miss it?” Hal says as we enter the room.

“No just my water broke.” Anne tells us.

“Matt.” I say annoyed.

“What I thought she was having the baby.” Matt says out of breath.

“You guys it’s going to be a long night trust me.” Anne tells us.

“We could be here for a while. It might be a good time to break out the old,” Tom says looking at Matt who finishes his sentence.

“Monopoly. I’ll go get the board.” Matt says running out of the room. I laugh and everyone gets the room situated to play monopoly. After a few rounds, everyone stops playing and falls asleep. I end up lying my head against Bens shoulder while he sits there reading.

Later I wake up when Ben moves his shoulder. I sit my head up and see Tom walking out of the room behind Marina. Rubbing my eyes I look at Ben who is still reading.

“What happened?” I ask him. He looks up from his book at me.

“Nothing everything’s fine. Go back to your beauty sleep.” Ben says looking at me and smiling sweetly. I laugh and lay my head back down on his shoulder comfortably. I feel him brush away some hair from my face and kiss my head.

Just as I’m about to fall into a deep sleep, Anne is having the baby. Lourdes comes in and tells all of us that we need to leave so they can deliver the baby safely. We all sit in the waiting room until Lourdes comes out telling us that we can go in and see them.

Everyone walks in the room slowly to see Anne and Tom at the bed with the baby in Anne’s arms. I walk up beside her bed with Ben trailing behind me.

“Guys, meet your new sister Alexis.” Anne says. I smile and try to get a closer look at Alexis adorable little face.

“She’s beautiful.” Allie says repeating my thoughts exactly.

“Congratulations.” I tell them smiling. After a while, Lourdes comes in telling everyone that it’s time to go. Ben and I walk back to our room and once we get there we start talking about Alexis.

“I never thought I’d have an actual sister before. Well other than my best friend of course.” Ben says smiling at me. I smile and change into another shirt and shorts.

“She was so adorable.” I say brushing my hair in front of the mirror.

“You really love babies don’t you?” Ben asks from behind me. I look at him through the mirror, smile and nod. I lay my hairbrush down on a table and put my hair up in a bun. I see Ben stand up and walk over to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and lays his head on my shoulder. I grab his hands and look at him through the mirror.

“Who knows, one day we’ll grow old enough and we’ll have kids of our own.” Ben says smiling at me. I laugh and turn around to kiss him.

“Maybe one day.” I say smiling looking him in the eyes. I kiss him one last time before we fall asleep.

The next day, everyone is at the citizens forum that we usually have every week. I stand along beside Matt, Hal, Allie, and Ben as we wait for Tom to give his speech.

“Before we being the traditional citizens forum, If hope you’ll allow me to announce the arrival of our newest citizen of the new United States. Alexis Denise Glass Mason.” Tom says as everyone claps and cheers.

“Thank you. We also lost a good man this week, Arthur Manchester. Whose legacy will live on forever right here with us; the citizens of Charleston. He’s only the latest causality in a war that’s had more than we can count. Our enemy will accept nothing less than our defeat and utter annihilation. For two long years we’ve suffered at the hands of our oppressors and against all odds we have survived. And these last seven months we are finally winning.” Tom says as everyone claps and cheers once again.

“Our allies the Volm have given us superior weapons. They’ve given us hope, they’ve given us encouragement. That our real weapon, the weapon that will ultimately gain us freedom, is the strength and tenacity of the human spirit.” Tom finishes his speech. Everyone claps and after the entire forum, I don’t really do anything for the rest of the day. At dinner, Ben, Matt, and I sit down together to eat. 

“Do you think Alexis will like it here?” Matt asks.

“I’m sure she will.” Ben says.

“Yeah I mean why wouldn’t she?” I ask Matt taking a bite of my roll.

“No reason. I’m going to go with my friends bye.” And with that Matt was gone. I shrug and continue eating my dinner.

“Hey Kali, hey Benji.” I hear Denny say as she sits down across from me and beside Ben.

“Hey Denny.” I say giving her a friendly smile.

“How’s Alexis?” She asks Ben.

“She’s fine for a newborn baby.” Ben answers her.

“I can’t wait to see her. Does she look like her mother or more like her father?” Denny says.

“Oh Anne most definitely.” I tell her.

“Well let’s just hope she ends up that way so she doesn’t end up looking like Benji over here.” Denny whispers to me nodding her head towards Ben. I start laughing and she joins in as Ben just rolls his eyes.

“Hey I’m not that bad!” Ben says which makes us laugh even more. After dinner, Ben and I decide to go back to our room for the night. I take out some playing cards so we can play my favorite card game, speed.

________________________________________________

I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER GUYS MY WATTPAD HASNT BEEN WORKING AT ALL D: I'm really sorry okay please don't hate me <3

35 likes/comments/votes/shares for Part 6!