Part 3

The next morning, I wake up still in Bens arms with him facing me. He’s still asleep and as always, he pushed off the covers in his sleep. I grab his face and gently kiss his lips to wake him. He slowly opens his eyes as I let him go and pulls me back into a kiss.

            “Good morning beautiful.” He says to me rubbing my cheek bone with his thumb.

            “Morning.” I say smiling. We sit up and start to get dressed for the day. I take out a shirt and pair of pants and begin to slip them on. I usually just sleep in a shirt and underwear or shorts so it’s easy for me to change.

            “So what do you have to do today?” I ask Ben jumping into my skinny jeans.

            “I’ve gotta go talk to the rebel leader later. He wants to meet with dad and Weaver about something and needs my help.” Ben says putting on his shoes.

            “Would you like me to come along?” I ask changing my shirt and putting on my own shoes.

            “Denny’s coming it’s fine.” Ben says. I stop tying my shoe for a second and glance at him.

            “Oh.” I say plainly. I grab my jacket from the chair beside me and slip it on quickly.

            “Yeah well I’ve gotta go, I’ll see you later okay?” Ben says walking over to me and a peck on the lips. He runs out the door leaving me there just staring at the door. I sit back on the bed and start to lay my head in my hands when he comes back in.

            “Sorry forgot my gun. Now I’ll see you later.” Ben says grabbing his gun and kissing my forehead. He runs out of the room for the last time and I sigh, grab my own weapon and head to breakfast.

            After breakfast, I decide to go check out how Hal is doing with his therapy in the medical center. I see Lourdes and Allie standing and talking about him so I decide to join them.

            “He’s doing much better.” Lourdes says.

            “I think so, yes.” Allie says.

            “Yeah well four months ago he couldn’t move.” I say walking up to them.

            “He’s come a very long way. He certainly is working hard.” Lourdes says.

            “It’s just, I mean he’s putting up a good front and all but he’s been having these nightmares the past few weeks. Bad ones and he won’t tell me what they are but I can tell they’re freaking him out.” Allie tells us.

            “Like Dr. Glass said, there’s nothing physically wrong with him.” Lourdes says looking at Allie.

            “But there’s something wrong with him. I think it’s something she did to him.” Allie whispers.

            “Karen?” I ask.

            “Yeah.” Allie says.

            “I’m not saying it’s not possible but we examined him thoroughly the best we can anyway.” Lourdes says.

            “I know.” Allie says.

            “And we didn’t find anything.” Lourdes says. 

            “I know.” Allie says giving her a small smile.

            “Thank god he’s had you these past seven months though Allie, he never would’ve made it without you.” Lourdes says walking away.

            “You know she’s right. He wouldn’t have made it without you.” I tell Allie.

            “I know.”Allie says nodding.

            “Hey good looking, you wanna dance?” Hal says to Allie. We laugh and I say goodbye to them so they can have their time. I decide to go see if Ben is back from the Skitter base and end up running into him in the hallway.

            “Oh hey Ben how’d it go?” I ask him.

            “It went good I guess. I was actually coming to find you, see if you wanted to come with me tonight to the meeting.” Ben says taking my hand as we walk down the hallway.

            “What about Denny? I thought she was going to be with you?” I ask him confused.

            “She has other things to do.” Ben tells me.

            “Well is it okay with the rebel leader that I come?” I ask him. To be honest, I liked Red Eye more than the current leader because he was much more, kinder to me.

            “Yeah actually other than dad, you’re one of the only normal people that he likes.” Ben says smiling at me. I smile at the thought of that.

            “Wait so what did he tell you when we were going to the meeting last night? Don’t lie I know he told you something.” I say pointing at him.

            “He said, I can tell how much she cares about you, treat her right Benjamin.” Ben says smiling. I blush and start to smile. We walk to lunch and sit with some other fighters throughout lunch and after; I leave them to go talk to Anne to see how she’s doing. I go to the infirmary and find her finishing up with de-harnessing some kids.

_________________________________________________

Please comment, vote and share!

34 comments/votes/shares/reads for part 4!