Part 4

“Hey Anne how are you doing?” I ask walking up to her.

            “Oh hi Kali. I’m doing fine just can’t wait for this baby to come.” Anne says giving me a smile.

            “Me either, do you know if it’s a boy or a girl?” I ask her.

            “No but that’s a surprise I’m willing to accept.” Anne says.

            “What are you going to name him/her?” I ask her.

            “If it’s a boy Aiden, if it’s a girl Alexis.” Anne says looking down at her stomach and rubbing it.

            “Those are both beautiful names. I can’t wait to meet him/her.” I say smiling.

            “You mean you can’t wait to be a sister.” Anne says. I look at her confused and laugh a bit.

            “Just because I’m with Ben doesn’t exactly mean I’m going to be her sister.” I say.

            “No you’re going to be her sister because I know you will treat her that way and she will love you just like one.” Anne says smiling at me. I hear someone come up from behind me and lay their hands on the sides of my hips.

            “Hey Anne mind if I steal Kali away from you for a while?” Ben says from behind me making me jump a little.

            “Sure go ahead. I’ll see you two later.” Anne says. We say goodbye and Ben and I start walking down the hallway. He tells me he’s going to take me to the rebel Skitters base before we go to the meeting with the rebel leader and Tom. Walking out of Charleston and into outskirts of it, we finally make it to the base.

            There are Skitters and de-harnessed kids everywhere. They’re really just walking around everywhere talking and not doing anything in particular. Ben leads me to a group of Skitters and I recognize the leader as we walk up. He and Ben communicate through his spikes and I just step back a little to let them talk.

            “Come on Kali, I’ll show you around a little more before we leave.” Ben tells me. He holds out his arm and I link mine with his as we walk away from the rebel leader. Ben takes me all around the camp introducing me to other harnessed kids that he’s known for a while.

            “Hey Marshall, Alyssa, this is my girlfriend Kali.” Ben says introducing me to two other de-harnessed kids.

            “Hi nice to meet you.” I say shaking Alyssa’s hand.

            “You too.” She says smiling at me.

            “I remember you; you were the guy who brought Tom the message about the weapon seven months ago.” I say shaking Marshalls hand.

            “Yeah that was me.” He says smiling at me. I smile back and Ben says that it’s time for the meeting so we leave Marshall and Alyssa there to get the leader.

            “So you remember Marshall huh?” Ben says looking at his shoes.

            “Yeah I remember him. We were stuck in the same cell for a while when Bressler arrested everyone.” I say looking at him. He nods and looks straight ahead.

            “That’s nice.” He says with his lips tight. I laugh because you can clearly see the jealousy in him.

            “Ben come on are you really going to get jealous over a memory?” I say grabbing his hand with both of mine. He just looks at me and smiles.

            “No.” He says smiling. We meet the leader at the meeting point where Tom and Weaver should be in a few. I stand against the block column between Ben, the leader, and Tom and Weaver.

            “Thank you for coming on such short notice professor, Kernel Weaver.” Ben says with his spikes glowing.

“You said you had something important to tell us?” Tom says.

“Yes we have received reports that the Espheni are once again preparing a major offensive against Charleston.” Ben says.

“They’ve tried and failed the past three times.” Weaver says.

“I agree. Thanks to the Volm our defenses are stronger than ever now suddenly they want to attack us?” Tom says.

“You’ve put them behind schedule. The Espheni do not like their time tables disrupted.” Ben says.

“Glad to know we’ve been making a tough one.” Tom says.

“True but it appears the humans are not the ultimate target. The Volm are. There are troop ships heading towards your planet as of right now.” Ben says.

“Thank you for the advanced warning we will discuss the strategy and form a plan.” Tom says.

“We are always standing by to assist professor.” Ben says. Tom and Weaver start to walk away but Ben stops them.

“There’s one more thing; a new overlord has been replaced by the one killed by you and it is rumored to be more dangerous and ruthless than the previous.” Ben says.

“That’s hardly surprising.” Tom says looking at the leader.

“Ordinarily I would agree except this particular ruler appears to be human.” Ben says. There’s only one person that I can think of that would be able to do such a thing like that.

“Karen.” Tom says. The meeting ends and Tom, Weaver, Ben, and I go back to Charleston for the night. Once we get there I walk back to my room, lie on my bed and continue reading my book “Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part One”. After a few chapters, I hear the door open and Allie calling my name.

____________________________________________

Please comment, vote, and share!(:

35 comments/votes/reads/shares for Part 5!