Part 9

“Hey Kali what happened?” Anne asks me as we walk up to her. She leads me to a chair and tells me to sit while she gets some supplies.

“A bullet grazed her shoulder.” Ben says.

“I’m fine really.” I try to say but she removes the cloth from my shoulder and examines it.

“Well it’s not too bad but you’ll need stitches. Here Ben can you clean this up real quick while I go get what I need?” Anne asks. Ben nods and takes her place beside me. Anne leaves us and Ben takes out some gauze pads and begins to clean my shoulder.

“You know I thought I was the one who was supposed to be taking care of you. I mean I’m the medic here.” I say frustrated. Ben gently grabs my arm and continues.

“Don’t worry you’ll be well soon enough and when you are, you’ll take my place and end up having to patch my sorry ass up.” Ben says looking at me and smiling. I laugh a little and he grabs my chin to kiss me.

“Alright enough you two. I’ve gotta get to work on her shoulder so may I?” Anne says walking up. Ben moves awkwardly and lets Anne take his spot. She takes out a needle and thread and I laugh at Bens red, tomato face. After Anne is done with my shoulder, I leave to go find Matt in his room sitting on the bed.

            “Hey Matt.” I say walking in the room.

            “Hi.” He says looking up at me.

            “Matt, you need to apologize to Anne.” I say sitting beside him and grabbing his knee.

            “I know.” He says sadly. I grab him by the head and he hugs me.

            “I’m sorry Kali.” Matt tells to me.

            “I’m not the one you should be saying sorry to.” I tell him. He nods and we both get up to leave. After leaving his room, I head back to my own for the night.

                                                                        ∞∞∞∞∞

            “M, A, M, J, J, A, S, O. What comes next?” Denny asks Ben as they’re playing their mind game. The three of us are on a mission along with a couple other people, waiting for the Espheni to attack us.

            “Uhh, N. March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November.” Ben says answering her. While they play their games I just sit staring out the window with my mind blank ignoring the rest of the world.

            “Who’s chasing you Matt?” Ben asks as Matt comes running on the bus.

            “Batteries.” Matt says.

            “Oh right.” Ben says handing him the walkie-talkie. “Try this one, I’m looking for a word; the first two letters indicate a male the first three a woman the first four a great man the whole word a great woman. What’s the word?” Ben asks.

            “Tricky.” Denny says.

            “Matt?” Ben asks Matt.

            “If I wanted to go to school I would’ve stayed home.” Matt says running off the bus handing Ben the walkie-talkie.

            “Nice talking with you.” Ben yells at him. I silently laugh and continue staring out the window.

            “Got it, he her hero heroin.” Denny says.

            “Yeah that’s way too easy.” Ben says. Denny laughs and looks at me turning her back. “What’s up with you Kali?” She asks me.

            “Nothing, just tired.” I say. There really isn’t anything wrong I just don’t feel like talking right now. I’m not completely sure why though.

            “You sure?” Ben asks looking at me. Without looking back at him I nod and they continue their game while I continue my staring. After a few more rounds of questions, we begin to hear gun shots near Popes way. Just as I look out the window, a shot comes right near my face almost taking off my nose.

            “Whoa!” I yell as we begin to shoot in the direction of the shots. Up in a building I see what looks like to be a M16A1 rifle sticking out one of the windows. We keep firing and after a while, Tom and Weaver come on the helicopter along with us.

            “Hey, you seen your brother?” Tom says to Ben.

            “He came to change our batteries and headed out.” Ben says.

            “What do we got?” Tom says.

            “Ghosts lots of fires shot.” Ben says.

            “Harnessed kids?” Weaver asks.

            “Don’t know.” I answer backing away from the window.

            “How many?” Tom asks.

            “At least six maybe more.” Ben answers him. Tom and Weaver leave and the three of us begin to shoot again. I hear more shooting behind us and then something falling to the ground.

            “What was that?” I ask out loud.

            “I don’t know let’s go check it out.” Ben says. The three of us jump out of the helicopter and slowly make our way towards Tom and Weaver.
Lying down beside Weaver on the ground is what looks like a man that ransacked an army surplus store.

            “We should try and talk to them let them know we’re on the same side.” Ben tells Tom and Weaver.

            “He’s right.” Tom says.

“If they were interested in talking they would’ve approached us before attacking us.” Weaver says. Ben and I run back over to where Denny is shooting and begin shooting ourselves. Tom tells us that if anyone comes for this guy we need them alive. I continue shooting and after a while a soldier comes over to us.

Ben tells them to wait there with the man and tells him what Tom told him. The fighter stays and Denny, Ben, and I run to where Pope and the berserkers are at. Ben delivers a message to Tom from a soldier and we leave.

“Wait where’s Matt?” I ask them.

“Next door.” Tector says. I try to run over there but almost get shot so Ben pulls me back beside him. We stay there until Weaver blows the building and they go to see if there are any survivors. After that, we all take the woman they found and Crazy Lee back to Charleston. Apparently, Crazy Lee had been shot and landed on a crowbar that went straight through her head. She survived but not for long I’m guessing.

_______________________________________________________

So here's Part 9! 58 comments/votes/reads/shares for part 10?

By the way, there's a new trailer for Falling Skies Season four! Here's the link to watch it :) It's VERY interesting.

http://tvline.com/2014/04/21/falling-skies-season-4-trailer-video/

Also, if you want updates on the story or just want to talk, you can follow me on twitter (@/fangirlmode4), instagram (@/kalimay44) and tumblr (@/kalimay44). I follow back! :) (IF YOU SHOUTOUT ME OR THE STORY OUT, PLEASE TAG ME ON ONE OF THESE WEBSITES.)