Part 7

“Hey what’s up?” I ask stopping her.

            “Nothing it’s just—“ Allie starts to say but looks behind her. I start to look as well but she drags me away.

            “What happened?” I ask her.

            “This morning I was looking for Hals boots because they weren’t by the bed like they were supposed to and I found them in the back of the closet with mud and leaves all over them.” Allie whispers to me.

            “So what Hal’s walking in his sleep now?” I ask her.

            “I don’t know but he certainly is keeping something and I’m determined to find out what it is.” Allie says.

            “Well do you think he’s in danger?” I ask her.

            “Maybe. I’m sure that bitch Karen did something to him, I don’t know what but I’m gonna find out.” Allie says.

            “Well I’ll help you out as much as I can but I’ve got my own problems to worry about.” I say looking at her. She gives me a what-are-you-talking-about face and I begin to explain.

            “I think Denny likes Ben.” I say.

            “Yeah you can tell can’t you?” Allie says.

       “Clearly and he isn’t even doing anything about it. It’s making me wonder if he’s starting to like her too.” I say looking at my feet.

            “Well he may like her Kali but he loves you so you don’t need to worry about it. And besides she should know better than to try to take him away from you. Even if she does have super powers, you’ll still kick her ass.” Allie says. We both laugh and decide to say hi to baby Lexi.

            “Hey Tom how is she?” I ask quietly walking in their room. He’s sitting on the bed with Alexis holding her as she sleeps.       

            “Hey girls, she’s great just sleeping.” Tom says.

            “She’s so cute.” Allie says looking down at sleeping Lexi.

            “She is.” Tom says smiling down at her.

            “Well we just wanted to check up on her, we’ll leave you guys alone so she can sleep.” I say almost whispering. Tom nods and Allie and I walk out of the room. We part ways and just as I’m making my way towards the medical center, I hear Anne yelling at someone.     

            “You’re lucky you didn’t blow yourself to pieces. Did you know that people heard that and thought we were under attack? Did you stop to think about how that would scare them?” Anne says. I turn the corner and find her, Matt, and Anthony standing there. Matt looks like he’s been in explosion.

            “No not really.” Matt says.

            “Why would you do something like this Matt?” Anne asks clearly upset.

            “I don’t know bored I guess.” Matt says sitting down.

            “Is that why you haven’t been going to school? Your teacher Mr. Hooper stopped by earlier to say that you haven’t been to class in 4 days. And you haven’t done any of your homework for the past week.” Anne says showing him a stack of papers. Oh Matt what have you done?

“So what school is useless, I’m not going back.”  Matt says rolling his eyes.

“Yes you are Matt.” Anne says.

“You can’t tell me what to do you’re not my mother.” Matt yells at Anne. I look at him with my mouth half way open, shocked that he just said that.

“You’re right Matt, I’m not your mother. But as a concerned citizen I’m gonna ask Anthony to escort you back to school.” Anne says. She looks really upset right now.

“It ended about half an hour ago.” Matt says.

“Not for you. You have an extra two hours of detention for the next two weeks. Anthony,” Anne says. I’m looking back and forth between Anne and Matt, trying to process what just happened. Matt storms out of the room and Anthony follows him with the stack of papers in his hand.

“Anne he didn’t mean that. He’s just upset.” I start to say as I walk over to her.

“That’s not going to change anything Kali. He still has two weeks of detention.” Anne says laying her hands on the table and leaning against it.

“I know it’s not. Look he’s just upset so he had to take his anger out on someone.” I say laying my hand on her back. She nods and says she has to go to a patient. I decide to leave her alone for now and go find Ben. Fortunately, I run into him in the hallway.

______________________________________________

So here's the next part :). I'm still working on it but sadly, I still don't have everything I need to actually finish the entire story. I'll still update as much as I can though!

50 votes/comments/reads for Part 8!