Chapter 6 (Part 1)

As I head to Curlos' hut, the anger dulling down as I walk. I reach the entrance and take a deep breath. I push my way through the vines. The old hag was mixing up a brew in her cauldron."Hey." I say. She turns around and looks smug. "Well, hello my deary. Miss me already?" She chuckles slyly. I give her an angry look. "I came here to repay debt, not to see you." I growl, anger rising in me again.

"Calm yourself. I was only joking" She says uneasily. "Did someone push your buttons already?" She asks, looking back at her brew. "Why do you want to know?" I ask angrily. She twirls her stick in the air. "Oh, I don't know. I don't get to ask many people questions these days." She says followed by a sigh. I take pity on her and ask, "So, what do you need me to do?"

"I need one spider eye, three of each mushroom, two glistening melons, 10 peices of redstone, and... That's pretty much it." She says, still not looking at me. I hesitate as I try to remember the list. She turns to still see me there. "Go! Shoosh!" She nags, pushing me out the door. "Okay! Geez, I'm going!" I huff.

I sigh. What was it again? A spider eye... Some redstone, mushrooms, and what else... I think uneasily, desperatly trying to remember what to get. I walk to the farm. I see Carline in the barn. I head through the gates to the farm, and make my way across the cobblestone path to the large building.

"Hey Carline." I greet when I enter. Carline was picking up some eggs in the chicken pen. He looks up from his chore and smiles. "Hey there chum! I thought you were working at the orchard today." He says, standing tall. I sigh. "I was... But I have to repay a dept." I state. Carline leaps over the fence and makes his way towards me. "A dept? You've been here for 3 and a half I tap the end of my blocky foot against the ground. "I knocked over some of Curlos' potions." I mutter, not bothering to look at him.

His eyes widen slightly and chuckles a little. "Pardon my laughing... But you have to repay a dept to Curlos? I bet she's got you looking for ingediants." He chuckles again, then smiles when he sees my reaction. "I guessed it correctly didn't I? Oh, that old lady's got her apprentices running all over the place. Too bad they all left her." He says, putting his hand to the back of his neck. I narrow my eyes. "I'm not her apprentice!" I argue. He looks at me, his eyes wide. "I-I didn't say you were! I'm sorry." Carline states uneasily.

I sigh. "No, don't appologize. I'm just looking for some glistening melons, and spider eyes." I cut to the chase. Carline's eyes widen, "Oh, follow me! I know just where to get that stuff!" He says happily, dashing out the door before I could say anything. I chase after him. We go behind the barn where deep steps extended down. I hesitate and Carline rushes down the stairs. I shrug and follow him down the stairs.

A horrid scent hits my nose as I travel deeper. I catch up to Carline and look at him "Uh! What's that smell?!" I exclaim in discust. "Hey, don't look at me! It's coming from the mob drop. All that rotting flesh is making that smell." He snaps. We travel in silence until we reach the bottom. The scent is much stronger at the bottom.

"Alright, where would the spider eyes be..." Carline thinks out loud. It was dark, only two light sources on the opposite walls. The room was very large... Almost like the basement of the barn, but deeper. The tube that stretched downwards was in the far right corner. Funnels stretched across the ceiling and stretched down into chests. I open one of them to find bones.

"Spider eyes... Spider eyes... Hm." I hear Carline talk to himself, remembering where the items are located. As he searches for the spider eyes, I check out the rest of the chests. I open one and instantly retaliate. The rotting stench clung to me as I walked away. I walk away and take in huge gulps of air.

My attention then turns to the mob drop. I carefully make my way towards it, everything's quiet. "Found it!!" The loud call makes me jump out of my skin! Shivers ran up and down my body. I spin around to glare at Carline, only to see him snickering at me. Thump!! I hear a loud noise behind me, making me jump. I quickly turn around to see a limp dark green body, with a blue shirt and jeans.

I back away quickly, only to bump into Carline who grabs my shoulders and holds me in place. "Whoa! Calm down there chum, it fell from a pretty high drop. It's definitely dead." Carline says, chuckling. He walks over to the limp body and kicks it. "See? Dead." He says, turning to me. All I can think about is, If it's dead... Why hasn't it turned into rotten flesh?

Carline's grunt snaps me out of my thoughts. I look at him, only to see him dragging the body to one of the chests. I watch him closely. His hands feel the wall in front of him until it hits something. I hear a loud Click. and a bunch of pistons move about within the walls. A large hole opens up in front of Carline and he pushes the body in the hole. A loud thump echoes from it. More pistons move and click within the walls and underneath us. The hole closes up again and Carline brushes his hands together before walking over to me.

"Here ya go!" He says with a smile, reaching in his pockets and handing me the spider eyes. I thank him and take the eyes, putting them in my inventory. "Now, all you need is some melons!" He says happily. He dashes up the stairs without waiting for me, so I run after him. We reach the entrance in no time, the light from the glowstones above shined brightly. I rub my eyes groggily, adjusting to the new lighting. As I lower my hands, I notice that Carline has completely vanished. I sigh and find a comfortable spot to sit on and wait. Soon Carline reappears with melons in his hand. He tosses them to me and I some how manage to catch them.

"Thanks." I say, looking at the water melons. Carline smiles, "No problem! We're out of glistening melons, but there's some blaze powder at the mine. If you ask Steve, he'll give some!" Carline says, chuckling slightly. I nod and leave, waving a goodbye as I leave for the mines. Everyone I pass just chuckles and stares. The news about this morning must've gotten out faster than I expected.

As I walk closer to the mine, the less I want to see Steve.

(Hey guys! Sorry this took so long to publish! I'm so busy doing other projects that I haven't found the time to work on this. But chapter six WILL come :3 eventually... I don't have an editor, so I just finish a chapter then post. Thus some bad grammar and spelling... But any ways, like I said before, many projects. I haven't made cover yet so... That's another one. But thanks for reading this. Thanks for +50 reads :D means a lot to me that people enjoy this :3 Thanks, and see you all l8r)